Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Shirleybird and ajoreno

Leave Comment

33 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Hi Amy. Just wondering how you are doing? All is great here and I am getting close to my goal of 150. 25 lbs left to go and I am very happy with my sleeve. Hope all is good with you. Write when you can and let my know how your sleeve is working for you. All the best, Shirley
  2. Hello Shirley, I am doing great. I am down 47 pounds. 8 more to go until I reach my goal. I am so jealous you got to go on a holiday. I have plans to go next year. This year has and will be a bit busy. My only complaint about the weight loss is I have to keep going and buying cloths every month. Don't get me wrong, I love cloths shopping but it will be nice when I can finally buy cloths that I know will fit for a very long time. Having only a couple of outfits that really fit causes a lot of washer and dryer use. Can't wait until I can have a full weeks worth of cloths. I'm really glad all is going well with you!! This surgery is one of the best decisions I ever made, I am the happiest I have been in a very long time. It was great hearing from you. Take care...Amy
  3. He, Amy. All is well here and hope the same for you. Just came back from 2 week holiday in the Dominican and loved it. It is very cold here and wish I could just go back. Still losing and am down 38lbs. now. Are you still doing O.K.? Write soon, Shirley
  4. Merry Christmas Shirley, I'm sorry to hear that your still sore and vomiting. I have not vomited once since I got the surgery. Sometimes I wish I would after Ive eaten more then my sleeve likes. My weight loss is slow and steady. But I'm happy with my results. I'm sorry to admit but Ive been able to eat everything I try just small amounts. Hope your stomach heals soon. Have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year...Amy
  5. Hi, Amy. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and yours. I will briefly update you. I had to go back to liquids only. My stomach is very slow to heal and I should have known this because I have always been like this after any surgery I have had. I feel great. It is just too soon to eat real food and I can't take the constant soreness and vomiting. It has also kick started my weight lose again. All is well and hope you are doing well too, Shirley
  6. Thanks for writing Amy. I am doing much better, but as for our Thanksgiving I was still very confused or just wanted to eat too much and I spent most of that day over the royal thrown vomiting because I are too much. It is funny because I can count on my hand how many times I've been sick in my life and now it takes nothing for me to be sick. Just a spoonful over 1/2 a cup and I am sick. I am starting to adjust and the weight is coming off. I think my body thinks I am starving myself because it is slow and stalls for weeks at a time. This morning the scale moved 2 lbs. and I am thrilled. Also, I think I expect too much. It has only been 7 weeks. Glad to here you are doing well. Have a great Christmas, Shirley
  7. Hi Shirley, Everything is going very good. Sorry I took so long to get back, its been a busy week. Ive lost 29 pounds so far. My weight comes off slow too but I don't mind. Its coming off. I'm good at the portion control, Ive figured out by looking at food about what amount I can eat. My stomach does tell me if Ive eaten too much but I never get sick. I have been able to eat all the foods that I ate before I was sleeved just small portions. I never feel deprived. I don't eat sweats though. I am sticking to a high protein diet. You sound like you are doing great. How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was good, kinda miss my after thanksgiving sandwich with all the leftovers on it. Glad you are doing good :-)
  8. How are you doing? All is good here. I think I am finally getting a handle on portion control. My mind wants more and then I get sick. Want to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Any plans? Write when you can, Shirley
  9. Hi Amy. Just wanted to say hi. Everything is going great. A learning experience for me, but allis well. Weight moves a little slow for me, but I have lost 31 lbs. now. How are you doing? Write when you can, Shirley
  10. Hi Amy, I am glad you are doing so well now. Two of my incisions opened up and got infected. I just ended another go of antibiotics and they are starting to heal, but it is taking very long. I hit the 3 week stall too, but now have started to lose again. I have lost 29 lbs. including the 5 I lost on the 3 day liquid pre op diet. I feel great, but still have weak days. I am having very little problem eating whatever I want and have been able to drink normally [no sip, sip, sip here] and I am grateful. I have not had a bowl movement yet though and I am starting to get concerned. I guess I am going to have to take something. Thanks for getting back to me. I didn't know how you were doing and am so glad everything is well. Write soon, Shirley
  11. Hi Shirley, I'm am doing great. Ive been exercising and feeling really good. I wouldn't know there was anything wrong with my spleen. All five of my areas that had stitches are completely healed, which I am very happy about, even the one that got infected. Ive lost 20lbs so far. I stalled last week which was the dreaded 3 week stall but I am back on track now. How are you doing? How much have you lost? Hope all is good with you. Amy
  12. Amy, I am worried. What is going on with your spleen? Are you O.K? Write as soon as you can. How are you doing with your weight? Shirley
  13. Hi Shirley, They found out my spleen was damaged because they did a CT scan on my abdomen to check to make sure everything was okay. I never felt anything. If the infection hadn't happened I would never know they hit my spleen. The infection is healing nicely and the internal bleeding had stopped on its own. The Drs said it had bleed for a few days then just stopped. That might be why I had the infection. When I was in the ER they took out my stitches which I was very happy about. I'd had enough of them. I'm feeling good and happy :-)
  14. Amy how did they find out they damaged your spleen or did you feel something ? Is the infection healing O.K.? What did they to fix the internal bleeding? Wow!! hope you get better soon , Shirley
  15. Hi Shirley, Everything is going good for me now. I had a little bump in the road last week. I had an infection in my drainage incision and my sister being a nurse made me promise her I would go to the ER and have it checked out. Found out that my spleen had been slightly damaged during the surgery and I was bleeding internally for a few days. Everything is going great now and I wouldn't change anything. I'm down 15lbs. Glad you are doing well. I love the feeling weight loss gives me. I'm sure you do too!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 33
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast