Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between niamh and daisymay

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. You shouldn't have to wait a year to see your surgeon if it isn't working as planned. My surgeon saw me at 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year post op. Your other doctor not taking you seriously doesn't sound helpful. Can you ask for a second opinion from another bariatric surgeon if you can't get access to your original surgeon? Don't let the blame be put onto you - if you're not experiencing much restriction in eating, then the surgery didn't work. Unless you are eating all the wrong foods, this can't be your fault. If I eat a steak, I cannot get more than about 4 oz in, even if I haven't eaten all day. You deserve to be supported and listened to. Good luck.
  2. I haven't talked with them yet. This is just what the radiologist was telling me yesterday. But the doctor I visited, who was not my surgeon since we don't see until 1 yr post op, was very forceful with me yesterday. I still don't the light has come on in his head that I've been trying to tell them this since right after surgery. The last vistit he had me do $1,200 worth of labs because he was blaming the slow weightloss on my Diabetes and Anemia.
  3. So sorry this has happened for you. If you don't have restriction when you eat then clearly this surgery has not worked as it should have - no wonder you were so distraught. Are they offering the possibility of revision surgery? Take care and don't blame yourself. x
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3