Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between DebbieNTexas and niamh

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. BTW, 3 pounds below goal!!! Outstanding!!
  2. Thank you so much for checking on me! I stopped to read and was just thinking of posting an update...I've met all of my requirements except for losing the 5 pounds the Dr requested. Still yo yo-ing, but at least my insurance isn't' penalizing me for it. I only need to lose 2-3 pounds and can always do a few shakes before my next weigh in. My advocate (a new one)really had my hopes up telling me my insurance would pay for the sleeve. I said are you sure, and she said I'm looking right at it. But then she sent the formal request, insurance said I was approved, but they called her and said for the Bypass only. My emotions are up and down, but thankful i have friends that have done both and they've all been successful. I'm going for it. I just can't afford to pay out of pocket and want to get on with my life. They should be calling me to schedule within a week or two. Dr is on vacation now. I'm planning for October.
    My husband is doing wonderful! So strange to say after all he's been through. I just got home from work and he's in there fixing supper now. "That's" even stranger to say! LOL He's lost 135 pounds and just had a check up with the nurse practitioner yesterday. The staff were all amazed at how far he's come.
    Thanks again for checking, it really means a lot.
  3. Hi Debbie, just thought I'd catch up to see where you're at with your process for WLS, and ask how your husband is doing? Just happened upon a post of yours the other day, and was thinking of you. I know you started all your consults etc in December, so thought you might know where you're headed by about now?
  4. I answered you on my page...lol and also posted an update to my original post. I will add though this is starting to make me wonder if I am right for the sleeve. My husband never had acid reflux and this is happening to him and I have. Course right now my insurance only pays toward the band and bypass, but was considering cash paying the sleeve, or I should say bank loaning the sleeve. Just not sure. I guess it's good I have time. Also plan to make a "strong" effort to lose in the 6 month wait. I was going to anyway, but this gives me even more motivation.
  5. Hi, was wondering how your husband's upper GI investigation went? Hope you're starting to get some answers - do come back and let us know.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5