Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Gayle and bergamini

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. Hi John!!! Just got your message. Internet up again! Yay! Seriously NEED the internet to log my calories. My daughter is freaked out by how compelled (compulsed?) I am to log everything. LOL
    You vacation sounds wonderful --- like the extreme sports fitness edition of celebrity lifestyles! Enjoy, sweetheart! Hugs!
  2. OMG, how does one live without the internet when they have a sleeve? We need to share!
  3. Thank you for the awesome message! I'm just a few days away from being "released" into the pool (and I wouldn't mind a hot bath) and I will follow your strategy. I've got some good goggles and I'll just give it a go. Thanks for inspiring me!
  4. Hi!
    I started walking the pool a LITTLE bit (about 15 - 20 minutes worth) a few days before surgery. Then got the go ahead to get in the pool 12 days after surgery (June 25th). I walked the pool and did heads up breast stroke lazily for a few days until I got my goggles. Then I started swimming laps. At first I swam side, breast, back, crawl in sets of 4 for 1/2 mile --- however long it took. And it took a loooong time. I stopped at each end and caught my breath.
    Then, about a week later, I really didn't feel like leaving the pool. SO I got out, read my Kindle, drank my protein drink and got back in for another 1/2 mile -- I did it! Woot! 1 mile in 1 day! And that was July 4th -- not very long after getting back in the pool.
    From then on I swam 1 mile straight -- started was 90 minutes. Now I continue indoors at a health club for a hospital. Super clean pool. I swim 1 mile about 5 - 6 times per week. It takes me about 55 minutes with a couple small greetings to others in there. Fastest time for this 57 year old lady so far is 1/2 mile in 20 minutes, 1 mile in 43 minutes.
    You can do it!!! It is so peaceful and not hard on you. Find the pace where you can continue without losing your breath and build from there. Do NOT pretend you are on the high school swim team -- those guys come and go so fast from the pool scene -- it's silly. Just build up slowly -- do what you can do and then do some more. Easy. I'm rooting for you!!
    Hugs
  5. My goal is a 1 mile swim. How did you work up to it? My friends want to do a relay triathlon this summer and I would need to swim 1 mile as my part.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5