Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Justwander and pianomom

Leave Comment

4 Visitor Messages

1. So glad to hear you're doing well. It is definitely a learning curve to adjust to a new way of eating and drinking. I am getting about the same amount of protein as you are but maybe 48 oz. water, not counting decaf tea & coffee. Keep up the good work! It sounds like you're doing beautifully!
  2. Hi! Besides feeling like I'm getting the flu, I'm doing well. I had surgery 3 weeks ago and am not 100 % sure what I'm supposed to be eating. I did the full liquids stage as directed by doctor and then added in yogurt, cottage cheese as time progressed. I called my nutritionist about week two and told her that I was drinking my 64 oz of water daily and getting 50 g of protein daily, with no problem. She told me to eat as I want but to make sure I chew until the consistency is like toothpaste. Basically, I have shakes, yogurt, cottage cheese, chili and sometimes ham and cheese rolled up. I think I feel less tired now than I did a week ago, but it's kind of hard to remember. Keep me updated on your progress!!!!
  3. How are you doing? What phase of the diet are you on? I am on the pureed foods and so far, am tolerating everything I try. I am anxious to go back to the surgeon next week and see how he thinks I am doing. I feel pretty much normal but if I over-do it, I get really tired and need to rest for a while. Hard to believe the surgery was only 2 weeks ago; seems much longer than that! Hope things are going well for you and that each day is better than the day before.
  4. Good luck on tomorrow's surgery! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Be sure to update us when you are back on your feet.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4