Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between TomCat3367 and ranchersdaughter

Leave Comment

4 Visitor Messages

1. Hey there Tom!! Wow! This is incredible! I was up walking within minutes of surgery. They tell you to walk for a reason. The sooner you get co2 out of your system the better you feel. The 2nd day was rough...sore. but wa/k walk walk!!! Day 3, they took out my drain and wow!!! My husband and I walked for 2 hours all over san Diego. I haven't had pain meds since yesterday and I feel great! Taking sips sips sips and walk walk walk. Best thing I ever did. Im sooo excited!
  2. Ok, how are you doing???? Fill me in on how everything went for you and how you are feeling. Are you up and running around the city? LOL I hope all is well with you.
    Tom
  3. Hi Tom!! How are you doing?
    I started my all liquid diet today and wow is it a head game! I never realized what a habit it is to want to chew on something!
    3 more days!

So the advice I've been given on what to take is to be minimalist!
    Bring loose clothes, chapstick, gasx strips and a safety pin for your drain.(I was told this makes it easier to walk if you pin the drain to your gown so it doesn't tug).
    That's about it!
    By the way, my strawberry plants are already coming up!
  4. I am so excited for you!! Please let me know of any advice you may have when you get back. I just want to go and get back to my life without all the fret and worry. I am probably (as many others have done) just creating more stress with all this needless worry. Knowing what to actually take and what not to take will be a big help. Just the necessities for me I alway say. I wish I was going with you to have a friend to share the experience with. The 26th for me and it will be here sooo fast.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4