Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between danaB and MissouriJen

Leave Comment

8 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Jen.... I found out I had cancer on June 5th. we should talk... 763-0775, I think between the sleeve and cancer you and I have alot in common. Please text or call when you get this message. I think we need to get togather for lunch. Great support system for each other. Dana
  2. Hi... I'm sorry. I got diagnosed with breast cancer and have been dealing with that. They wanted to do surgery almost as soon as they found it (a week and a half later, May 1) and I declined. Then it was scheduled for May 28, (delay due to doctor's schedule) and I messed that up once I got to the hospital by drinking coffee with creamer in it while waiting. I am now scheduled for July 1 at Cox Hospital. I have a lot of anger and stress from it. I can't 'work' at what I do, because I drive trucks....so travel is out right now, due to doctor appointments, etc. Then, once I have surgery, it will be another 4-6 weeks, plus probable chemotherapy.
    I have been cheating my sleeve since late February and so I'm stuck at the same weight since March, going up and down by 2-6 pounds. I am starting over with a pouch test as of yesterday. I also have to exercise, which I loathe, lol.
    I hope you are doing great and well. I hope to hear from you sooner than I wrote.
  3. Hey lady, how are you doing? It's been a long time since we spoke and we still havent' gotten togather for that soup message me and update me on how things are going. take care and I'll talk to you soon.
    Dana
  4. I've lost 19 since the day I came home from surgery. 26 since a day before surgery. I have a lot more to loose than you, 18s are still just a dream. Lol. But I will get there. Congratulations on your size changes, that has to be exciting. That sounds like an interesting job, I have never heard of flying a driver to there work. Just figured you'd drive it. What a great way to get to travel the world. we have some ice on the ground and its freezing in springfield this morning. Hopefully weather there is better have a great day. Dana
  5. I don't drive over the road. I fly to the place where the strike is taking place, they put me up in a hotel, pay me and give me daily per diem. I do feel different even though I can't weigh myself. I was still wearing my 18s when I got here, but they were getting loose. I went to the thrift stores here and replaced them with 16s and one pair of 14w...however, a couple of the 16s are starting to get loose. I get some exercise in by unloading the truck, handling boxes, lifting some totes, getting in and out of the truck and TONS of walking, because the warehouse we're working from is huge. There are also a lot of places to go walking to around here....so I have walked long distances twice and shorter distances a few times. I work everyday, so it's hard to skip some form of exercise, lol. I can't wait to see what I do weigh though!

I'd think you'd have more energy since surgery, not less. I love naps too.... I can text too, no problem. What did you start doing a year ago regarding this journey? And how much have you lost since surgery? I can't wait for us to meet when I get back.
  6. And That's awesome. My x husband is a truck driver (we still talk). Seems like I'm always catching him asleep. So with not weighing in so long do you feel any diffrent? That has to be tough to eat good on the road like that. Do you use texting? My life seems so crazy most of the time texting is best for me. Never know if I will be at the offfice or running with my teens and then I have been so sleepy since surgery I take the most random naps so when it comes to a phone call we may never catch up lol. My cell is 7630775 if ya wanna text sometime. I have lost 36 since my pre surgery diet. But I am 2 pds from loosing 100 since I started this journey a year ago. Yeh the pic is just a face lol my body hasn't caught up with it soon though
  7. Hi Dana,

Nice to hear from you! I didn't know anyone else was in Springfield from the forum. Have soup....LOL...sure. Or maybe split a kid's meal, lol. Meeting up would be great. I don't go to any support groups...don't know of any and don't know if I would, if there were any. Wow, your avatar is way different from your profile pic. How much have you lost since the surgery? Looking good!

I am 54 days out now (sleeved Nov. 19) and eat everything. I do eat differently though. Mostly proteins, then veggies. I haven't given up on my carbs though. I had already quit soda about four or five years ago anyway...will drink sips occasionally. I feel great! I know I've lost at least 35 pounds since Nov. 1 and 30 of it is since surgery. I haven't weighed in two weeks, because I'm in Washington state, working temporarily. I drive trucks during strike situations. I don't know when I'll be back. I will stay here until it's over. You can certainly call me if you like. My number is 459-7949. I work odd hours and I'm two hours behind you, so if I don't answer, I will call back. I might be working or sleeping. Talk to ya soon, Jen
  8. Hi Jen
    I am in Springfield also, do you have a support group you are attending? Would really like to have some sleeve friends in my area, maybe go out and have soup sometime I think it would be great to get all of us togather to swap recipies and ideas, to encourage and motivate. I just am not sure where to find everyone. I know there were 3 others sleeved at cox the same day I was, so there must be an abundance of us. How is everything going for you so far?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8