Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Blan and MissouriJen

Leave Comment

17 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. ok...thanks. I got signed up. My screen name is jenmal828. I'll put you in mine. So far today, I have taken in 85 calories with my coffee, lol. Thanks! Let's see how this works. It looks like it will be helpful!
  2. I'm on the myfitnesspal.com it's the one with the blue icon and a orange woman jumping like a ballerina.
  3. what do you have to type in EXACTLY? I am getting different things, depending on if I type in fitnesspal or myfitnesspal...neither pulls up an exact. Which are you on?
  4. My screen name is jalfred29
  5. ok... I'm gonna sign up for Fitnesspal today and see if it helps.
  6. Oh thanks... I will. Otherwise, keeping tracki is a task that feels too bothersome. I believe you will hit under 200 in the next two weeks.
  7. You have to go on MyFitnesPall. It will keep track of your calories and protein. It is really helpful. I don;t log in on days like today but I'm really good logging in during the week.
  8. I'd just love to move down. I made it down to ***, then I will go up and down from there to 222. Ridiculous. I was off to a nice start....8 pounds in the first week and then the other 12 in the second. This third week is up, down, stall. I don't know if I'm eating wrong or what...but I need it to change. I am trying to read what others are eating, but there is soooo much to wade through. grrrrr. I don't really crave carbs, but then I don't really desire to eat much during the day. I KNOW I am not getting enough protein and have no idea how many calories. sigh...
  9. Hi there,
    For the past two days I have been craving carbs. It has been a nightmare. I am not losing, my blood sugar is all over the place, and I feel a bit out of control. I usually get this way on the week-ends cause I'm home. I think tomorrow, I will be back on track. How is your weight loss going? I have stalls all the time. I even gain a little here and there and then lose it again. I've been hovering around 207 and 204. I really want to be under 200 in the next two weeks
  10. Hey Blan, Just seeing how you're doing. I hope well. I am stalled right now, but I guess that too, shall pass.
  11. Good.... hope there aren't too many below the 42 bmi that I have, lol. I am so ready to go! So ready to begin my new life!
  12. Yeah, I had read that story when I googled about Dr. Almanza. I think, the clinic knows that people network a lot and they are very careful with their surgeries. I really think you will be fine. You have to go in there with a positive attitude and know that he has many patients each day and they are doing fine. From the forums I think that he actually has less problems than some US doctors have. Also, the order he goes by is lowest BMI first, highest last so you will be towards the front of that day's surgeries most likely
  13. Someone on this board posted this. Her name is VSGOct2011.: Your's is not the first negative story I've heard about him either, there were some links further back about some surgery issues there and one patient death. I am very happy your doctor at home was able to catch this and will be able to rectify it and hope this is an opportunity for people to re-evaluate whether cheaper is best when you are talking about your own most precious commodity --- yourself. For what it's worth we are all people who have lived our lives obese for so long that we want a magic quick fix and when you have someone offering you a cure you want to have blind faith or believe the positive stories. You also need to explore and dig deep, not just on these forums, but others, and in legal registries and any other kinds of searches you can do to make sure you are getting someone who will be credible. I hope to goodness Mr Almanza returns ALL of your money including airfare and any other out of pocket expenses because he's got a pretty loyal following here and it would be the only thing in my mind which makes him credible and accountable for his error.

I have caught other such references to say that he's had someone die on the table also, but cannot find any reports or real info/news to such a thing. I feel that I will be ok.... I hope, lol. I am 243 in that pic....looking even heavier than I thought I looked. However, those days are about to come to an end. How are you doing??
  14. Hi,
    I never read any story about any deaths at Dr. Almanza's hospital. You read them here on the board? Can you direct me to one? I' just curious. I know that any surgery has potential side effects and even death but I think those are people who weigh a lot and have many other issues. I truly believe you will be just fine. Size wise, you look just like me on your photo
  15. Thank you. I am now doing the pre-op diet as a mandatory thing, not voluntary (so not sneaking eating). It's becoming more real to me. I have been reading some of the negative stories and wondering if it's true regarding any deaths at Dr. Almanza's hospital.... I hope he doesn't have too many to do on my day either. I don't normally worry, but now I feel it starting, lol.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast