Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

thedoors1973

1. First nsv for me

I had my first small NSV. I went to see my nutritionist. I had to go sit in the waiting room till she was ready. When I go to appt. I always look for seats that have no arms because I was to big to fit in most with arms. I looked at the love seat type chair and was gonna sit there. But i decided to see how I would fit in the chair with arms on it. I was so surprised to find out that i could sit in it and comfortably too. It's these small things that make you really know you've done the right ...
  2. 6 days post op

Going into this, I was expecting to be in lots of pain for awhile. There wasnt really much pain as i thought. The first few days I had bad gas pains and my abdomen was pretty sore when I moved. And everyday things get better and better. I woke up today and I have no pain at all. I feel really good. I started this in April and have lost a total of 63lbs. I lost 32 of it since Aug 2 (the start of my liquid diet.) This has definitely been the best decision I've made in a long time.
  3. Home and feeling pretty good

I made it home yesterday. Feels so much better to be able to relax at home. I haven't had any major complications. The only problems were my blood pressure was running high like 160/90 or so but I was having gas pains. When the gas pains went away my blood pressure dropped to normal. The first 2 days i slept alot. I was a little nervous going into surgery. I even wrote a note on my phone for my kids incase something did happen. The pain wasnt bad at all. Very tolerable. As i sit here typing ...
  4. Surgery in the morning

Well tomorrow's finally the big day. I gotta be at the hospital at 6 am. I'm not that nervous yet but who knows how i will feel when i wake up in the morning. It's hard to believe the day is finally here and how quick time went by. Feels like yesterday when i went to my Dr.'s seminar on the surgery. I will try to post on how everything went when I can. Good luck to everyone else who is having there's today too.
  5. EGD done today Not happy with results

I had a EGD done today. They go down your throat with a camera and check out your stomach and they take a sample for a biopsy. Apparently they found an infection or ulser caused by spicy foods or tomato sauces. It must be the tomato sauce because i hate spicy foods. They prescribed me with a pill i gotta take for 6 weeks. Thing is my surgery is sceduled for 3 weeks I really hope this doesnt mean i have to rescedule my surgery date. I go tomorrow for a preopp visit and i'll find out more ...