Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

That's awesome! Congrats!!
    My average has been 2-3 pounds per week since the beginning so I think you are doing great. Keep believing in the process and follow your doc's orders!!!
    Good idea, TEMPRED! I have done that a couple times, too. KELLY JO, I would happy with 2-3 pounds a week...I think I'm losing less than that lately! Its all good, though. I'm satisfied.
    I found my weight loss slowed down a bit when I added solids. I am going to go another week then do a couple of days with just liquids and shakes. Just to shake up the tummy a bit.

Good luck to you
    4 lbs in a week is wonderful. I very rarely do that. I'm 3+ months out and I usually lose 2-3 a week, average 10 a month. Many lose faster than that, but it is what it is. My surgeon and nutritionist were happy with it so I am too. Try blending your protein shakes with some yogurt and fruit for smoothies.
    Fluffy-
    I dont know what your surgeon said about liquids vs protein, but mine says liquids first. Hope this helps.
    Since day one of my surgery, my stomach told me when it was hungry and it wasn't quiet about it either! Today on day 11 it seems to be getting better, not so insistent about me eating first thing this morning. I think it takes some time for the grehlin to get out of your body after having your stomach removed although I notice on here some people have no hunger immediately. I'm learning the cues my stomach gives me of when I need to eat and so far it's going well. You'll learn your cues and the hunger pangs will subside.
    Don't worry about it. Water etc goes through your new stomach straight away. You'll notice how little it is when you start eating solid foods. Even at the purée stage I was getting worried. Once I started trying to eat normal foods. ie fish or chicken I realised just how small this stomach is. I look at people eating a plate the size I used to and think to myself. Omg. Where does it all go? You'll be fine
    I have had no issues drinking wither, so it made me wonder if something was wrong. I guess we were already sipping and didn't know it. Your restriction is there, I am 5 weeks out and can only eat 2-3 ounces at a time.

I guess we are just he lucky ones!!
    I had no problem either . You and I seem to be the lucky few. I was also hungry after a couple days and tomato soup and broths were my best friends for a week or two. Good to here your well as I am 4 weeks out and have had no side effects other than a few days of soreness for 3 days. Good Luck, BTW, I did have a weight loss stall between week 3 and 4 but seems to be losing again. Down 35 pounds pre and post op.
    Updated 03-06-2012 at 10:57 PM by 4linton
    If you were like me, it was all those IV bags. I ended uo 20 lbs heavier 4 days later then the day I signed into the hospital. But it all comes off really fast.
    Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I'm feeling pretty good and trying very hard to not become dehydrated, I can easily see where if I did not really push fluids all the time I would quickly lose ground. Day 1 and 2 were hard and all my muscles hurt but I'm sure it was from dehydrated. If your friends daughter is dehydrated it starts a slippery slope of other problems. It's hard but she has to drink liquids.

Thanks for checking on me.
    Yes, you are right. Its just fluids from the surgery. Next week, you will rpobably be down like 20 pounds!!! Whatever happens, you WILL be losing. You are doing great with your intake! I have a friend and her daughter who had the surgery a few days before you and they are nowhere near able to take in what you are. I call them everyday-don't want them to get dehydrated. KEEP IT UP! Can't wait to see your progress. You ahve the right attitude!!!
    fluffy, a half hour is about how long it should take to get down 2 ounces. I'm glad today was a better day