Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aboutime4me

1. Shopping yesterday...an X SMALL instead of XXXL

Just a quick word on shopping yesterday. One of my favorite stores had a beautiful spring/summer top that feels like you're wearing nothing. The sizes here run very generous and along with the stretch material....I ended up buying the X Small ! I couldn't believe it....me....who started this journey at a 2-3X in tops and bottoms.
    This has been and continues to be an AWESOME journey. Happy loss and shopping for new clothes everyone!
  2. Reflection on the eve of a New Year

Last year at this time I was contemplating having the sleeve surgery. Now at the end of the 8th month post surgery, I am overwhelmed with how far I've come in such a short time. I have lost 83 lbs, my BMI has gone from 40.67 to 27.2
    I look in the mirror and can see many bodily changes and I look and feel so much better in clothes. My relationship with food has totally changed and I have not experienced real hunger since my surgery.
    Food is no longer controlling my days and nights ...
  3. Christmas shopping run amuck...can't stop trying on clothes!

It is so flippin awesome...I'm out Christmas shopping and just trying on clothes for the heck of it to see what sizes and styles I can get into now. My only regret is that I have but one small pocketbook with an even smaller amount of money to put toward new things right now. However, I am buying a few things here and there that I know will take me for a while until I hopefully reach my goal of about 20 more pounds within the next few months.

I did buy a sexy red and black ...
  4. I'm Loving my Sleeve and look forward to the holidays

I am in my 7th month now post sleeve and loving life and weight loss. Last night I had a few bites of various things at a social function: a cockail weenie wrapped in bacon, a few bits of cheese, a chocolate truffle and a bit of peanut butter fudge as well. I didn't worry about anything I ate or give it a second thought at all.

I controlled myself and wasn't tempted by things even though they looked quite appetizing. Before surgery I would have been all over those appetizers ...
  5. A journey I never thought I'd be taking

I'm amazed that I am on this particular journey at this time in my life. When I look back I've always made major decisions rather quickly and I've always known they were right at the time because I had so much peace about them.
    The same holds true for having the sleeve procedure.

I had NEVER thought about weight loss surgery seriously before although my husband would from time to time talk about his stepmom's gastric bypass in the 90's and her success. I always thought weight ...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123