Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aboutime4me

1. Day 3 of the 5 Day Pouch Test

Having great success with the 5 day pouch test thus far. It hasn't been difficult thus far being back on liquids for the last 2 days but I did find myself wanting to chew and have some solid food. I did have a protein bar last night though.
    With my morning weigh in I was down 3.6 lbs and have all of today and two more days to go yet.
    I chose to do this as I've been hovering between 2-3 lbs from my lowest weight and I found myself 4-5 lbs from that weight and refuse to regain, so ...
  2. Interesting revelation 13 months post sleeve

I'm involved in some publicity for my surgeon's office after my sleeve surgery. It's been 13 months now and I'm loving life, 95 lbs lighter.
    The other day when I met with the two gentlemen on the project I told them for the first time in my entire life I actually feel NORMAL. I never realized until that moment when we were talking, that I never knew what it was like to have a normal relationship with food before. I struggled for well over 35 years until my sleeve.
    Now, with ...
  3. I don't do the gym thing but hiking is great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130507_112448-1.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	11743I'm 54 yrs old, just over a year post op and have never been much of a one for going to the gym. I've lost 94 lbs with my sleeve and have taken up hiking to get myself out of the house, into the fresh air and more active with my body. So far we've been on 4 hikes and I'm loving it. There's just something about getting out doors into nature that appeals to me, especially living in Las Vegas. People don't realize the beauty of the desert and also the mountain areas ...
  4. One Year and going strong

Sorry but this latest picture I put on came out sideways so I hope you get the idea of what a year after surgery looks like for me.
    I can't tell you how much better I feel, how much more confidence I have and how much I LOVE shopping. My one regret is that I have champagne taste and a beer pocket book, as my mother used to say!
    This journey has been thee most amazing gift of God to me, for not only myself but for my husband who has supported me all the way...for us and our future ...
  5. Hiking for 1st Surgiversary

My husband and I went hiking today in anticipation of my first surgiversary. Last year at this time I was 252 lbs and today 157. It was an amazing time just to be able to wear shorts for the first time in public, in years. My inner thighs were not stuck together...I was not sweltering in long denim jeans...and I went hiking whereas last year I wouldn't have even ventured to go.
    I LOVE my sleeve and for anyone considering the surgery or needing encouragement post op...I am living proof ...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast