Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rebhousley

1. 2nd week Surgiversary Milestones

I am feeling much better starting this work week than last. I have been able to eat tiny bits of real food and it’s nice not having to drink my meals anymore. That was so much tougher than I thought it would be and I’m just glad it was of short duration. This weekend I had a 2 oz portion of baked tilapia but it tasted supper fishy so I dunked it in some catsup (which thank goodness my taste buds still like). I also tried 2 oz of rotisserie chicken but it tasted off to me as well, kind of gamey so ...
  2. Postop day 10

Going back to work so fast after surgery has made me feel like I’m way farther along than I am. I already feel like I should be 3 weeks post op instead of just 1. Technically tomorrow the 3rd is when I should start adding pureed foods but it has been so hard to work all day and not eat when I get home from work so I will admit that Wednesday I had a 2 tablespoon portion of refried beans; Thursday I had 2 tablespoon portion of pureed soup and tonight I’m trying for a 2 tablespoon portion of tuna ...
  3. Post-op blues

So, I'm a week out from sleeved. Not really starving anymore but I feel like total dog poo. My husband has a lot of stress at work lately came home last night and blasted me... my usual coping mechanism *go eat out for lunch* was not an option so I went to the gym, walked and weighed myself instead (since the last time I weighed was at the doctor's office... 4 days ago) I thought I'd at least see a pound but nope... I couldn't even make myself feel better about that. Coupled with work (I'm a business ...
  4. Sleeve day 5 Milestone reached!

So I reached my 1st milestone which is getting the drainage tube out *Thank the Lord* I went to the doctor today and the drainage tube excavation was no sweat, it was out in literally 2 seconds. My Pre-op weight was 295 My Pre-surgery weight was 278 and my current weight 4 days post op is 272... a total of 6 pounds lost in 4 days. *Hooray for me*
    I was less hungry than I was yesterday. My husband fixed me some cream of wheat in chicken broth that I now refer to as nectar from the Lord. It ...
  5. Sleeve Day 4

I didn't sleep well last night. Woke up at 3AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I am hungry and woke up with a hunger headache. I have never been a caffeine drinker so it is not caff withdrawal. My stomach moans. My dog is also hungry... she always would get a bit of whatever (mommy) was having so she stuck her head into my cream of wheat this morning and was like... what are you trying to do, starve us to death? LOL!
    I am still working from home. It blows, but I have no other choice. I am ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast