Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bridie

1. The Loose Skin Thing from someone who knows

This is coming from someone who had surgery. About 10 years ago I lost a great deal of weight and was left with the flabby tummy and flappy legs. So I went in for a lower body left. What this is is a cut from the inside thigh top of leg, up and across to low hip, right around the back and back down to the inside thigh of the other leg. What happens is the thighs get hitched up and the tummy gets stretched down. They only removed 2 lbs of skin but it looked like I had lost 20 lbs.
    Now, this ...
  2. Frustrated

Yesterday, I really felt like I had turned a corner. For the first time in three weeks I was able to drink sips all day, had runny oatmeal, mango juice, thin chicken and veg soup and even managed 30 laps of the pool, as my first real swim. I was feeling great. Then the evening came around! What a horrible night. I had soup as usual but within an hour I was throwing up. My night was nasty-reflux all night waking me up even though I am sleeping sitting up and have taken the meds. Consequently I feel ...
  3. Day 13 post op

Well, It is now nearly 2 weeks since the surgery. From the start of my preparation 3 weeks ago, I have lost 10kg and I am very pleased. However, omionous day 13 is what today proved to be.
    I have been getting down some liquids but nothing with any texture will stay. I can handle that but then the reflux has started. The only good thing is the metallic taste isn't bothering me now. Basically, I haven't been able to sleep unless I sit up. If I do lie down I get woken with a horrible acid ...
  4. Metallic taste annoying

I have noticed a change in my taste buds. Filtered water I have always used tastes nasty. I had this metallic taste that has been with me most of the day. I brushed my teeth and tongue butthe effect was short-lived.
    Any ideas to neutralize it? I am only 8 days out so it isfluids at the moment.

Another thing- I seem to have missed how you get the ticker thingee to show up under posts. I am a bit new to all this so excuse my ignorance.

Thanks
  5. It's my turn

Dear All
    I have really enjoyed reading your blogs in the last month or so and it is great to see such support amongst the group.
    I have my surgery in two days and I have certainly had a different road than many. I am an expat working in India so have decided to have the surgery here. I have the utmost faith in my surgeon as he did a lapband removal last year.He has done 500 sleeves! As he predicted, I couldn't keep the weight off so here I am yet again.
    Well, in reading ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12