Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

as weird as it is to say...this is the most amazing post I've seen on here...both for content and reason. To say goodbye to something that has plagued you (and me both) is probably one of the most meaningful moments we could have...glad I found this post, even though it's old!
    Wow!!! I so can relate...im sure a lot of us can...Great Blog!!!
    Oh man sooooo amazing! I teared up! You should print and frame this and keep it forever not only have you hit an amazing goal physically in your life you are on top of your game mentally too! Congrats!!!
    BIG CONGRATS!!! THAT'S GREAT!
    So proud of you!! Love the letter!! Brought tears my eyes reading all of the obstacles. I'm only 9 weeks out and down 48 lbs. I'm 4 lbs from kissing 20 years of the 200's goodbye. Your 'letter' is an inspiration to keep making the right choices and trying new things. Love it, love it!! Thanks and good luck
    LOVE THIS!!!!!
    Most of the time, I just order a regular meal and plan on left-overs. I also eat wings and I get a 6 piece and I get 3 meals from that. Love it!!

As far as other restaurants, we went to a Golden Corral AFTER I called to see what their policy was for WLS patients. I was told on the phone that I would be charged the 4-9 yo price, yet when we got to the restaurant, they told me it was the senior price. A savings of 50 freakin' cents!! I talked to the manager and was told that was their policy. I was pissed. Told her what I was told on the phone and was told they didn't know what they were talking about. Yeah, right. So a few months later, we went to another GC (my hubby loves it) and at this one they did give me the 4-9yo price. So, who knows there.

There is another place the hubby loves, a buffet with crab legs, that we used to go to a couple times a year. They will also give me a good discount, but they do keep a sharp eye out to see if I eat more than what I paid for. Best option is to call ahead and ask to speak to a manager or just plan on left overs. If you don't like to eat left-overs right away, freeze them and eat another day.
    I love bww, but this makes me mad! I kinda figured that some places wouldnt honor it in fear of loss of money... pretty sure whoever im with is gonna order a big portion and probably more to make up for what im not eating either... good grief ridiculous! glad you updated us!
    This brought tears to my eyes, beautifully and cleverly written!! Congrats to you !
    Eloquent and close to home! I told 300 to hit the road a few months ago. It was liberating and satisfying
    Awesome inspiration for this newbie to the forum! Thanks for sharing - great way with words too!!
    I love this post and they are my sentiments exactly!!
    I needed this post as a reminder as I am newly sleeved...so thanks..and congrats
    Great post, congratulations on your journey for a healthier and happier you!
    Absolutely!
    I have never cared for BWW but, friends of mine really love it! After shareing your story, they inquired here locally and were also told absolutely not. We also will not be going there on the same principle.
    Thank you for sharing!
    This is an awesome, hearfelt blog! Love it! Congratulations on your decision and your weight loss!
    AWESOMEEEE.....U GO FOR THE GOAL. GOOD LUCK
    Amen!!
    BRAVO!! Way to kick it out!
    I love it, CONGRATS!
    This is awesome!! Thank you for posting this!! My surgery is in 2 days and I CAN'T WAIT to say goodbye to the 300's for good!!!
    Bravo!!
    Very well written, and I wish you continued success!
    Encouraging....Awesome!
    Very encoraging.Awesome!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleb
    I love it! Congrats!
    Nicely done!!
    congrats and way to go!!!!!!!
    What can I say, you did it man and it's extraordinary! Look forward to new pictures! Pose with pride!
    OMG! That is such a great weight loss. Be sooooo Proud of yourself! I bet your children are loving the new you also. CONGRATS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast