Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congrats, Holly! I'm so proud of you! We will have a celebratory protein shake when I come to visit!

xoxoxo
    Great post!
    My surgeon/nutritionist (yours may be different) stressed the need to eat in order: protein > dairy > fruits/vegs > carbs (if there is any room left) to ensure that you get your protein and RDAs in. I followed that advice and there was no way I had any room for carbs up until around 5 months, which also was when I reached goal.

I think everyone is different and processes different foods differently and loses weight at different rates - there are so many variables that I couldn't possibly guess if there is an amount of carbs you are supposed to have. All I know is I followed the above advice and it works for me!

How long post-op are you? How much have you already lost? 700-900 calories seems low to me. I stopped counting calories (only protein) the day I got sleeved, but I have heard a lot of people say that they have broken a stall by INCREASING their calories/day.
    Thank u for ur advice. Maybe u can shed some light some my issue. Ive been stalled at 221 to 223 for 2 1/2 weeks. How much carbs are we supossed to have a day. How much is to much. Today is my one month date and Im very discouraged. Ive increased my exercise and take in about 700-900 calories a day. Any advice will be appreciated.
    I meant to add - this doesn't apply just to carbs, but to all poor food choices, whether it is something that fills you up w/o protein, w/o vitamins and minerals, whether it is unnecessarily high-fat or highly processed. PLEASE BE KIND TO YOUR BODY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT IT TO BE KIND TO YOU!
    Great Story and Congratulations on your Success!
    That is great. I totally understand when you say "I feel like I am the one holding the reins on my physical well-being". It is exactly the kind of power I want to have

thanks for posting your story
    Quote Originally Posted by Anamor2011
    congrats on reaching your goal! I think you still have a greater possibility to go beyond that goal.
    I definitely am not "finished" - there is still a lot of fat and skin, and also, a journey like this is never done, but I feel like I have conquered the demon that has been with me since puberty, you know? Everything from here on out is "normal" keeping in shape.
    How wonderful for you! Allthe hard work is worth it in the end, isn't it?!
    congrats on reaching your goal! I think you still have a greater possibility to go beyond that goal.
    Congrats on reaching your goal, keep up the amazing work!
    what a healthy perspective!!
    Great job! You should be proud.
    I love your attitude. BMI sometimes can be so discouraging. Congrats!!
    You're welcome! If you can sneak some protein powder in them, they'd be even healthier!
    TY FOR THAT REESES ARE MY FAVORITE
    I have the same problem, i can't sit for very long as my bum hurts, sitting in the bath is a real pain. I've been skinny before but i never had this problem then. It's like all i have is a bone and some skin covering it but no padding. I'm in the process of trying to tone up some muscles in the gym to try and pad my arse out, lol.
    It's nice to know i'm not the only one who can't sit for very long.x
    I have nightmares that I am over eating and stretching my sleeve!!!! Its HORRIBLE!!! CONGRATS on your goal!!!!
    One of the contributors to my slacking this week has been a sick toddler who I have been trying to keep away from dairy until his cough subsides - since I eat a LOT of cheese normally, I have been unable to do that and eaten... um... carbs and salty stuff. BAD BAD BAD BAD. Maybe I should have this nightmare more often.
    I have slacked off some too. Today Im back to my strict eating habits and measuring etc. Eating every 2 hours with 3 meals being breakfast lunch and dinner and then at least 2 snacks. I had one of those dreams too. I am 3 lbs from my goal weight and dont want to go back to the old ways. Congrats on your size 10's
    Thanks and thanks for reading! I wish you lots of luck with your future sleeve!
    This is my first blog post here but I am thinking of copy/pasting past wls-related posts over from my LiveJournal so if you are interested, check back! I did a lot of journalling pre- and immediately post-op.
    Good Morning - First, congratulations on hitting your recent goal and for your size 10's! I haven't been sleeved yet and haven't had any of these type of dreams yet. I imagine that your dream was the result of your subconsious thoughts about you recently hitting your goal a few weeks ago. Good for you for getting "back on the wagon" immediately! I'll be here to support you and cheer you on whenever you need it! Keep up the great work and have a great day