Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Since you've seemed to run high on protein, did you suffer any hairloss?
    Just now found your post. WOW you are an inspiration to all of us especially those of us who suffer from MS like me. I am having my surgery aug 6 of this year and I do hope that I can live a better quality of life. Diet and exercise I will refer to your plan often. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh I forgot to ask, how is your MS? Do you see a difference in exacerbations with the weight loss? I have a friend who wants the sleeve and she has mild MS, I told her that it may help her just by getting her weight off, she weighs 315 lbs.
    Fantastic job Neurorat! It takes a lot of discipline in what you did and hats off to you! I am 13 weeks post op 43 pounds down and I do exercise 3-4 days per week but I find I get bouts of fatigue every few weeks, not sure what that is about. Most of my labs are within normal range except for my ferritin at 489. I was on insulin prior to surgery I'm thinking the diabetes caused that level to be high. Can I ask how you trained for your couch to 5k? I am interested in doing a 5k in May but I don't know if I have enough time to train for it or where to find a program for that. Good luck to you and I hope your maintanence is not too difficult.
    Dr. K... Thanks for taking the time to write how you succeeded in conquering this monster called obesity! You certainly have your head and heart in the place it needs to be. I am a few months out from surgery and with the help of the 8 week pre surgery classes am charting a plan to make sure I succeed. I wrote down your power shake idea and will keep that at my desk when I go back to work to help me through the day! Blessings! Cat/Denver =^..^=
    Thank you for your post - I agree you are a true inspiration! So far, I think I have done well at some parts of this new life. I am having the hardest time getting the exercise component going. I get started with walking but I am on disability for chronic migraines and rarely have a symptom free day. But if I am going to succeed, I've got to get this part in place.
    THANKS...I am 4 days post op and need to find a receipe for real good protein. I will give your receipe a try and tweak it to my liking if necessary. I know the weight will fall off for the 1st year, but I am determined to not be a re-gainer. Thanks again for your post you are a true inspiration to all.
    Pam
    also what is PB2?....nevermind found it
    Congrats to you.....thanks for the info especially on your "super shake". I will most definetely be trying this after my surgery. And most of us on here realize that this is not a quick fix....I agree with you 100% this is my last option. If I fail at WLS then I'm doomed to be obese the rest of my days. And I fully understand and appreciate a MD's/residents schedule....the craziest schedule I've ever seen. You go. Stay strong.
    It's all true. I hope I can, too.
    In the freezer section of the grocery: Morningstar Farms makes the *best* black bean burgers!
    love the picture of the mice, where do you get black bean burgers?
    HA! So cool! My almost 4 year old granddaughter and I each ate the exact same thing in divided toddler plates: A slider cheeseburger, left over baked potatoe (about 2 tablespoons each) and about 2 tablelspoons of Cranberry sauce and 3 hamburger pickles.
    We were FULL!
    SLEEVE ON!!
    Sorry I missed this earlier. Hey Techno! Hang in there, buddy!!!! You two will be the dynamo couple at the 4th of July barbeque and Christmas party this year!!!!
    Welcome to you, Techno. Feel better soon. Keep on moving, that will ehlp with those incisions.
    welcome !!!!
    Welcome! I am so glad you both have each other for support. I hope for a smooth recovery for your husband. I have Crohn and had a bowel resection of large and small bowel. My sleeve took longer also due to having to remove the scar tissue. Don't let him over due it. I felt good and went back to work 10 and 11 hour days my second week and by Friday I was totally drained. Also his protien will really be important to help him heal. Muscles felt weak for up to six weeks. Then I started on the Premere shakes 30 grams of protein and I felt so much stronger. Good luck I am so happy for the both of you!
    I am hoping my husband will join me after I am sleeved. We both went to the informational meeting, we both met with the surgeon. I am going to have the sleeve done first but I don't know if he will go through with it, he is still thinking about it.
    Welcome and keep up the good work so you can be healthy together. Wish my husband would do it with me but he already said no.
    That's so wonderful the two of you are going through this all together! Now you can have a mutual understanding of what the other is going through, although both of you are different people and have different experiences. Be an example for one another and you will be two sexy people hitting the beaches or wherever you want to go...trim and healthy for the rest of your lives. Welcome and rock that sleeve both of you!
    Welcome Tech! Glad to have you here.
    Welcome Technomancer! Wishing you and your husband a speedy recovery and alot of success.
    Welcome to the happiest cyber place on earth
    welcome Technomancer
    , welcome and congrats!
    Welcome, Tech (hope you don't mind the nickname. Continued success, and what a better inspiration, than the woman in your life! You're going to love this journey.
    Good news! It *is* 2013! 17 days till surgery for you @Technomancer!
    Your husband has to wait until 2013, unless there is another arbitrary change.
    That is great news Neurorat. I always enjoy the posts.

Good luck to your husband.
    You won't like how I do it I get to work at 4:30, so I wake up at 3 am and run 3 miles then shower and go to work. I can't do it after work, I'm always dead. Sometimes if I have down time I can walk at work, or do "the nasty nine" which consists of walking up 9 floors then back down, then up eight abd down, etc.

It's hard but I am really trying to make this work and keep healthy habits!!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast