Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Neurorat

1. 6 months out with before n after pics

Attachment 6302Attachment 6303

Things are really starting to slow down, weight loss wise, over the past month. I really am only losing about a half a pound a week, on average, but I have exceeded my expectations so now I am just letting my body settle out where it wants to be.

I have noticed that there are foods my body is used to and can eat "a lot" of, but when I try a new food, my sleeve can't handle as much. I am still drinking ...
  2. Ode to the early morning workout and my recommendations for sports bras and work out clothes

I would like to encourage anyone who is having trouble finding the time to work out to try getting up *before work/before the kids get up* and getting at least a half an hour work out in.

I have been getting up before I go to work to either run on my treadmill or do an Insanity video for the past month because I have been working such long days that I had to change something or I wasn't going to work out at all.

Not only am I the only one up in the house at this time, ...

Updated 07-07-2012 at 10:02 AM by Neurorat

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. 5 months post op update

I was 5 months post op on 6/17. I have lost about 55 pounds, and have gone down 3-4 sizes. I am pretty happy with my progress. I feel that the changes I have made to my lifestyle are sustainable in the long term thanks to the sleeve. I can be around cookies, cake (even wedding cake!), and other not healthy food and pass even when hungry without too much of a craving. I no longer have cravings for sweet foods constantly. It took a while, but it finally happened.

I am still losing ...
  4. Almost 4 months out...20 pounds to fake, made up goal...feeling pretty good

General Life Mess:

We changed services about 2 weeks ago (we rotate hospitals, etc) and it has been rough. My hours are even longer now (I didn't know that was even possible) and to be honest, the attending surgeons on this rotation are challenging, making my life pretty miserable overall. I am *so* disgruntled...
    I just found the gym at the hospital. Now I need to empty out my locker at the main hospital and move my gym stuff there. I haven't had any free time.
  5. 3 months out and its getting harder and harder to blog anything interesting...

So I was walking down the hall on Wednesday in dress clothes rather than my usual scrubs and 2 people actually finally noticed that I lost weight.

Weight Loss:
    Down to 175, a total of 43 pounds. I am officially lighter than I have been since age 20. Its weird.

Exercise:
    I am on week 6 of 9 on my Couch to 5K program. My knees (yep, both now) are killing me. I am back on the Voltaren again to squash the pain some and I am icing them after running ...
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast