Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thanks for sharing. Your story is inspirational. Thank you!
    Thank you for sharing that you are maintaining your weight loss. My greatest fear is gaining it back. However, I never had support like this before and having the med problems makes me try to be more positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by SethP
    This is an awesome success story. I wish that I could have the weight loss that so many of you talk about. I am about six months out and I must say that I feel like I am dieting just like I was before. It is a long hard battle for me. I will say that it is a little easier because I am not always hungry as before but I do get hungry on a daily basis. I pray for your continued success.
    Seth are you drinking enough water? That really makes a difference in weight loss. Also, are you consuming DENSE proteins like chicken? That really helps keep you full. I ate a lot of dense chicken breast, chicken fajita meat, ham slices w/cheese, lean cuts of steak, turkey sausage, eggs during weight loss to keep me fuller longer. Make sure you are waiting 30 minutes to drink after eating. You can do this. You don't have to hit goal in 6 months. You have plenty of time. To be honest, a lot of people don't hit goal in 6 months. It took me 8 months but i only had around 90-100 lbs to lose overall. Try to at least walk for 30 minutes a day. I hope things get better for you. Stalls happen a lot. There is usually one around the 6 month point. The key is just following the plan and having faith it will pass. You can't get discouraged at a stall. They happen to pretty much everyone during weight loss usually. 6 months is usually when weight loss slows down. Keep the faith, keep the plan, and keep up with a positive attitude. You can do it.
    This is an awesome success story. I wish that I could have the weight loss that so many of you talk about. I am about six months out and I must say that I feel like I am dieting just like I was before. It is a long hard battle for me. I will say that it is a little easier because I am not always hungry as before but I do get hungry on a daily basis. I pray for your continued success.
    Congrats! I love hearing success stories!
    thank you so much for sharing... i'm only 4.5 months out and keep hitting stalls... i can eat more than before and it scares me that I'll mess this up too (esp so early on)! Maintaining will be a whole new challenge I'm sure... congrats!!! i hope to be as successful
    Wonderful! Congratulations!
    Sounds like you are dealing successfully with maintenance that is good for me to hear. I am half way through my second year and finding that I am facing one of my demons (mindless eating) of course I can't just sit down and eat big....just picking. My meal portions are still small, and this is very helpful. Funny thing is popcorn can go down in almost unlimited amounts, and they had to come out with sweet and salty. BOO So what I am working on is mindful eating and not using popcorn as my comfort food. It is curios how I can be on the computer with one hand and eat the popcorn with the other. I know that popcorn as a snack (plain) is OK it is the mindless eating that is the issue. This is work, the sleeve really helps one to educate self and have personal growth. I am enjoying being at a healthy weight and I thank the sleeve for helping me maintain. Cheers
    Wow that is great.......congrats put pictures on....it would so appreciated....tks and continue the great journey
    Thanks for posting this. My biggest fear is that I will have the surgery and then just eat as I have been and it will be a failure. I go for my sleeve surgery on January 6th so it is nice to know that it can be done!
    "keep your head in the game"
    I'll remember that. Thank-you ... Janet
    It's great to hear from someone as far out from the surgery as you. Thank you for posting and congratulations on your weight loss and your maintenance! It gives me hope...
    Thank you for taking the time to write . Congratulations! You have done so well and this blog has really been inspirational. Much appreciated, Shirley
    That's awesome! Congratulations! I'm a month out and doing better than I'd hoped, but haven't reached what I know will be the hard part for me as well... Maintenance. It's all puppies and rainbows while the weight is coming off and you're continually motivated by NSV's and the scale moving, but the REAL mind game for me at least will come later! Good to know someone is winning the war!
    Wow, you're doing great! We'd all love to see pics, it's motivational for everyone to see the changes post surgery. Also, I used to hate, hate,hate, pics; now I'm always posing for pics...lol... Continued success, and I'm dying to see the pics. I also love this website more than any others. I said it before, I wouldn't have been so successful without the support/information I've gained from this site.
    I hope you will post the Portrait! Celebrate your success! Now i am no longer camera shy, but when i see a photo of myself i think "NO WAY! am i REALLY that small now?" Enjoy your success! Love Rainbow
    Wow what a wonderful post and I agree this is a happy place to be for support and facts Way to go on the size seven jeans. I hope to be in your shoes one day!!!
    Aw... that is so nice. I am so glad you got the support and new friends from this site. I am still a newbie floating here and there and everywhere. I love reading everyones up and downs and especially the good things!
    Thank you for posting. Your note was inspiring and positive. We all need more of that.
    Have fun, I just came back from my fav city. Just don't lose your shirt and take lots of pics.
    Have a great time!
    I understand I used to be terrified if flying until I realized somethings in life are out if my control, and flying is one lol then my girlfriend told me portend the plane is a toy and God is tuning with it in the palm of his hand, and in control that image held me soooo much. As for flying with kids I have two words duct tape,lmao just kidding they wil be soo excited about flying they will be fine. Have fuuuuun I freaking looooove Vegas :-)
    Love it! Congrats!
    Woo Hoo!!!
    Now if I could only fit into my size 8 Charlotte Ford skinny leg jeans from the 70's -- lol
    I be happy with a size 18 swim suit for now.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go!!!!! Congrats!
    WTG!!!! I wish I had saved some of my favorite old clothes. I was thinking about a dress I used to wear in the early 80's that would look great even now. Great job!
    AWESOME!!!
    thanks and congrats I saved a lot of clothes also but now If I fit into to them I can't wear them because there so out of style. But made a deal with myself for every old one I can get into I can buy two new ones. congrats again
    Congratulations!!!!!!
    I really wish I'd kept my clothes from 15 yrs ago. X
    That is great! Can you share with us where you started and where you are at now as far as weight?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast