Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Christinakalei
    I am so GLAD i found this website tonight and I found this post from you. It was the perfect post for me to read at this very moment. I am about 2 weeks away from my surgery day and I am scared instead of excited. I lost all of my excitement when it set in that I am going to have a major surgery. So thank you! It even gave me a little tear in my eye at the end because you just know and your words were powerful!
    I'm glad you found us, too, Chris!
    I found this site before my surgery, and it was so helpful to me. Words of encouragement, experiences, and emotions. Finding this site made my decision and choice for Sleeve an easier one, and happy to hear my thoughts found you at the right moment. Just think about what's on the other side... and we're here for you, always!
    I am so GLAD i found this website tonight and I found this post from you. It was the perfect post for me to read at this very moment. I am about 2 weeks away from my surgery day and I am scared instead of excited. I lost all of my excitement when it set in that I am going to have a major surgery. So thank you! It even gave me a little tear in my eye at the end because you just know and your words were powerful!
    Thank you so much for your informative post. It was so nice to read someone's experiences detailed so nicely. I know all of us that are waiting for surgery or contemplating surgery really need to hear the details. Best wishes for your new flatter tummy!
    Sally
    This is HIGHLY motivating!! Thank you for sharing. Words like these are greatly appreciated!! <3
    Thanks for sharing your story. It gives the rest of us hope.
    Continued success!
    fear not the carbs! LOL!
    yes, proteins first, but carbs won't make you gain weight... they DO spike insulin levels, so when you eat them insulin raises, and then falls, and you can feel hungry again, but that was in our OLD stomachs, not sure if that can happen now...
    I've been munching on some crackers. I found that i needed them to combat the reflux early on. I like the peanut butter and cheese crackers, they're NOT a good choice, high in fat, but they go down well and make me feel better. I can eat 2 or 3 and be happy, there are 6 in a package.
    Today, i bought food in the cafeteria at work. I bought a small Red Pepper and Lime soup, which i LOVE, but couldn't eat more than 2 spoons, felt the heartburn starting immediately, it was too spicy (drats!). then i got a scoop of tuna fish and a couple of cubes of cheese from the salad bar. i ate about 4 cubes and about 1/4 of the scoop... i pushed it around the plate, so the people i was dining with wouldn't have much to say, they didn't...
    i did some walking over the weekend, good long walks with the dog, not elevated in heart rate, but felt good, like i did something.
    i'm still loosing weight, maybe hit a little stall this week, but down 17lbs in 3 weeks and my starting bmi was 36, so i'm one of the smaller sleevers... LOL! i'm happy with 17lbs. i would have loved to see 21lbs, a pound a day like some of our other 'brothers and sisters' but like on the biggest looser (i'm watching right now), the 'smaller' people don't tend to loose as fast, and that's just fine with me! if it takes a year to get to goal, a total of 50lbs realistic goal, 75 for Dream State goal, that will be just fine with me!
    oh, one more thing on crackers! i found Kellogg's All Bran crackers, they're really tasty and have lots of fiber, love them! and laughing cow lite cheese, love that too! easy to eat cuz it's so smooth!
    g
    Thanks for all the helpful hints. I exercise at a local Curves (do you know this chain)? I also walk when I can approx 2 miles quickly and am thinking of doing Zumba in the upcoming colder months. I don't want to get too flabby and have been walking since I came home from the hospital 3 months ago and even pre-op. I find when I drink some protein shakes, I lose more weight. I'm not good at getting in very much food, but try to concentrate on protein. Lately, I've been eating a couple of whole grain crackers w/cheese, one slice of low carb bread w/peanut butter (35 calories a slice) and adding some carbs to my diet this way but allowing myself to increase my choices of food. I find it hard to balance the calories and can't imagine getting in enough "healthy" calories without adding some carbs and I'm so scared of carbs..lol... I'm going to make an appt. with the nutrionist from my bariatric program, which is part of the whole process. You can see them free whenever you feel it's needed.