Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

If your hubby is unsure about the procedure and going to MX,tell him to sign up on the site and talk to some of the other people who have been. I am on here to support my wife that is going to have her surgery in MX on January 24, 2011 with Dr. Almanza. I saw that you were posting that you may have to finance some of the costs. Just curious if you have a frequent spending account card that you could use. If its a problem of paying in MX that is a drawback, not to worry. My wife and I are going through a company called Medical Tourism .com that is based in San Diego so we are able to use our FSA card to pay for the procedure. We pay them and they provide a check to the doctor in MX. I did find out that even though this is done in MX, that you will stay in a medically supervised recovery facility that is better equipped that most hospitals are in the US. Also if your hubby wants to go and stay with you, depending on when you go he may be able to stay with you in the recovery house. If not the Hotel they put you in is only $50 per night, and they will shuttle you to and from for everything you need while you are there.
    Yes those are the days I'm hoping for. Gotta have 4000 and the rest I may finance not sure.
    i am hoping to save up enough for kelly as well. Hoping to book with him near Feb. 24thor 25th. Maybe we will see each other there :-)
    I'm leaning very strongly with Kelly its a little more but I need to be in a hospital. I'm going in feb too.
    i am having my surgery in mexico in febraury as well. Deciding between almanza and kelly but everyone says that due to my bmi of 64 i should be in a hospital so I am leaning more toward Kelly...have you decided who will perform your surgery?
    Yes, thats good show him some of the videos if your going to dr.almanza they have testimonial videos like 40 of them real people who went to him in mexico and had positive experiences i know that helped me because i didnt go to him my first time around in mexico.
    Thank you!!
    Crystal, I would be extremely cautious about trying to predict the future. Every 'body' is different. Some people lose and some people don't lose fat in their arm area. I would really focus on getting healthy and losing weight. And, you can choose to deal with your arm issues, if and when it occurs. Take it one step at a time. Your decision to get more healthy is one of the most important decisions that you will make in your lifetime. It is time to 'get your mind' right around how your relationship with food will change and how you will handle your new body. Good luck to you!
    I hear you, i dont mind having a little loose skin but not too much i want a breast lift i know for a fact but i know the scar on the arms is something i dont think i will want so light weights i will do. My arms are a bit flabby but not too bad hopefully it wont be too bad i loss 65lbs with the lap band and i think it got better not worse i guess i dont mind flabby so much i just dont like big arms. Flab you only notice when you lift your arms up. Hope that helps
    I heard a plastic surgeon talk about the different plastic surgery and he showed pictures of the arms. There is a large scar and you have to wear a "bolero" for a while to hold everything tight. the tummy operation is involved and it really doesn't take away all the "droop". I think it's a rare occurence where insurance pays for any plastic surgery, but if I could get any it would be a breast lift. I'm lifting light weights for the arms and using machines for the belly and what will be, will be. It's gotta be better than before..lol....
    Lipo gets rid of fat so i don't think you'd want that for hangy skin. Once your skin has lost its elasticity it won't ever shrink back and will have to be cut away. My arms and my tummy have stretched like that so no amount of exercise will ever get mine back into shape. Having a tummy tuck etc is the only way mine are gonna spring back to where i want them.
    Oh by the way the water tightens up all the lose skin while your loosing weight.
    Hi my doctor says if you drink alot of water and do some strength training exercises light weights and a lot of reps you will get those sexy arms back. You go girl.
    I am worried about my arms too.. they are flabby. I am pretty proportioned every where else. My ins. co. will cover another surgery after a year (tummy tuck arms and boob lift) HOWEVER i dont even know if i want to put myself through this. I guess i will just wait and see how bad it gets. Good luck to you! I know exercise will help to an extend but my doctor did tell me that exercise will not get rid of loose skin.
    I'm going alone only because I have no one to take with me. You are very lucky to have your sister! We've all slept on couches before! It's not that bad.
    thanks buffy I just talked to my sister and she told me she's going with me. We will take along the books and laptop to. I am so excited hoping I can have the surgery and loose the weight and Be HAPPY!
    Hi Crystal,
    I'm taking my sister too. On something as important as this you need to have someone travel with you. I'm sure your sister wouldn't mind being alittle uncomfortable for three days in order for you to get your WHOLE LIFE BACK. I'm sure it's not that bad. In fact my niece is 33 weeks pregnant right now and went into labor and she's in the hospital until she has the baby and we are staying with her night and day believe me people can walk down the deepest vallies in the world to stand on the highest mountains in the world if it means gaining a triumph like the one your about to. Girl your losing weight yet gainging your whole life back you need someone special there to share this with, not to mention you shouldn't be traveling alone any way. You might be alittle shy and your sister could help in those departments. My sister and I are taking a bunch of new magazines and a camcorder that takes pics. I might take my laptop. She doesn't want me to because she really don't care for computers me on the other hand. WELL? Anyway I'm going to wrap this up with ( ask your sister and see what a true sister would say and well there's your answer) you two have a great trip!
    Thanks a lot for the info!
    Hi Crystal. I'm one of the ladies with complaints about guests coming along. My advise to you is take your sister if she's going to make you feel more comfortable. She just needs to be prepared to sleep on a couch. There are 4 sleeves performed every day as well as 3-4 plastics done every day, and the majority end up staying in the recovery house. With only 10 beds in the house, there is no extra room as some people have to stay a bit longer if they're not recuperating as well. I guess there used to be a second recovery house, but the docs received such a good offer for it that they sold it. Ce la vie.

So, bring your sister and know that it's going to go fantastic for you. The medical care was very good and you'll want for nothing.
    Well, the more you read on this forum, the more excited you will become!
    Quote Originally Posted by Msvetrn
    When are you having it and where? I am having mine with Dr Almanza on October 14th...join me????
    . I'm scheduling for feb 4 Dr.Almanza also. Very excited!
    When are you having it and where? I am having mine with Dr Almanza on October 14th...join me????
    Quote Originally Posted by NatalieAnn
    yay!! go you!!! good luck and welcome to the club!!
    . Thanks a lot
    yay!! go you!!! good luck and welcome to the club!!