Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Love you guys!!! Thanks so much and I will be "crashing" to check on everyone and let you know how I'm doing. Counting down to surgery day!!!!
    Good luck and WLS is WLS just be careful and do what ever the Dr tells you to the letter Blessings to you and keep posting HERE!!!(SHAKING MY FINGER @ U)
    You can check in and let us know how your doing. Best wishes on your journey!
    Yes please keep us posted and God's blessings to you.
    DON'T LEAVE...keep us posted
    best of luck to ya....God is ultimately in charge
    Good luck on your new journey !! Either way you still get to lose weight !!
    Funny when I have something important to go to I tend the think the same way !!!!! I'm happy for you !!!
    Congratulations and good luck!
    So very happy and excited for you! A supportive and caring surgeon is a wonderful thing!!!!
    I made the mistake of telling my coworkers and three of them jumped on me at once. Telling me how stupid I was to risk my life to be skinny.....I am not doing it to be skinny but to be healthy! They told me there was nothing wrong with my weight (250 lbs).....all the while they eat whatever "crap" they want and I have to drink protein shakes to prevent getting bigger. It's just not fair sometimes. But I will have the last laugh!
    I knew I joined this forum for a reason -- THANKS to everyone!!!! I'm think I'm going to stay with my original plan and not tell anyone else. I'm already down 53lbs and everyone is talking about it so I'm just going to keep right on with my current disclosure (weight watchers and exercise). Love the feedback and support :-)
    I've told anyone that'll listen. It's funny tho coz when i tell someone i've had 75% of my stomach removed they look down at my tummy because they think i've had a tummy tuck! lol, muppets!
    I did have one guy that was horrible about it, he called me gut bucket or something like that but a few of my customers put him in his place. I didn't let him get to me tho as he takes the piss out of fat people so the irony of him being horrible because i had something done to help my weight was quite funny.
    Alot of people are shocked at what i've had done and they can't comprehend why i would have it done but they've generally been ok.
    I told a couple co-workers, those I was close with and they helped me through my liquid diet phase which was awesome. it was nice they checked in with me while I was out too. I come from a large family, only one of my brothers doesnt suffer with weight like the rest of us and he said- Really your that fat, thats Bob fat, which was my older brother (X-football player big). I felt hurt at first and told him why I was doing it and how I felt about myself every single day. He finally said he had no idea how bad I felt and that if its what I wanted to do then he supported me. he followed it up with, I never thought you were fat.
    Some family members know how to support you, some dont. It sucks that everyone just cant be good to each other and support our decisions. Mind you if your jumping off a bridge I dont support you, but something to improve your life, Im all there! :-)
    Im down almost 40 pounds in a little over a month. I find myself walking with my head up, meeting people in the eyes and saying hello and not hiding anymore. Its the best decision of my life.
    Good for you on standing tall. Good luck to you as well!
    I told very few people, mainly because a co-worker of mine a few years ago had the surgery and she went through alot of unnecessary emotional turmoil from very judgemental people. This is a private matter to me and I only shared with my very closest family and two friends. Since I was losing weight before the surgery , upon my return from sick leave most people never even questioned the additional weight loss. While I was off for the surgery everyone I worked with assumed it was holidays. The whole process is emotional enough without the added drama of others thinking they know what's best for you. Do what you have to so that you put yourself first. That is something I had to learn to do. I put myself first for once. No regrets....just feeling great!!!! I am down 40lbs. I am not saying to lie however I am saying that personal issues are just that..... personal. You are entitled to keep them that way if you choose. Surgery advice.....get up and walk as soon as you can....it makes you feel better faster!!! That was the best advice I received!
    tell who you feel comfortable telling. if you dont feel comfortable then don't say anything. it upsets me how your aunt responded though. i believe the bible does say that my people perish for a lack of knowledge. u are choosing to educate yourself and make changes using a tool. its not "the easy" way out. but it is a way to better health, ei: rid of diabetes, hypertension and other comorbid diseases. she don't believe in it....well thats too bad for her. Make her a believer...lol. convert her. (i'm not making fun of christians...i am one. but what bothers me the most is the judgement about people who seek help through therapist or bariatric surgery. I believe God can help you through any situation but he is has many door and ways and people set up on earth to educate you). What i mean by that is i believe God and speak to everyone...but we still have preachers and teachers....he uses them the same way he uses doctors. He equips them with the education necessary to help others. its on different. (hope this wasn't too lenghty)
    I am the exact opposite. I told everone. I have had nothing but support so I am sorry you don't have that. I totally support YOUR decision to not tell anyone. Everyone's situation is different. I do think you should go ahead with your gut (no pun intended) and do what you feel is the best thing for you. Go for it! Its a real easy surgery and I am very rarely hungry and when i am, I cant eat much. I've lost 42 lbs in just over 2 months. Once you are losing weight and they realize you are healthy and not sick they will be supportive (or jealous you never know) Do it for yourself! Good luck!
    I have not told no one except my primary Dr. and my husband. I believe people are to judgemental without understanding how you feel inside. I will tell them AFTER the surgery, Maybe! Why do we feel the need to tell others anyway, it is really none of there business. Just keeping it real. Keep your head up high and do what is right for you. God's Blessings in your decession.
    Hope you are feeling better today, Adrienne. The hurricane has passed and now you can get to the beach...lucky you!!!!
    Congrats on your insurance approval! The days will go by quickly and next thing you know, you will blogging about your surgery and weight loss.
    Keep us posted!