Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congratulations! that leading "1" is the BEST FEELING!
    WOW! Amazing! So thrilled for you!

As far as plastic surgery, we have had 2 different ones talk at support group over the years, and both said they wanted the person at their goal weight for at least a year before surgery. Sounds like you're almost there!

By the way bras were the most difficult to find during the weight loss process. I spent so much money on ones that were never quite right. (Clothes, no big deal!) Finally at goal I have found one that fits perfectly and bought quite a few just in case they stop making the style. A 34 instead of 42!
    Awe Yay!!!!!! Congrats~ you have to feel AMAZING!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!
    Congrats on your new mile stone! It does feel amazing to go from a plus size to "normal size"...best thing ever to be mobile again!

About the skin removal, you will notice that after the initial six months of heavy weight loss, the skin will bounce back a little. My bat wings were much worth at 6 months compare to today. Same for my apron/tummy. You will see a difference probably around 12 months.
    I do need to have a tummy tuck because my abdominal muscles are in such bad shape, it needs to be reconstructed, but I was glad that my sharp pain (around six months) went away so I could wait a little longer to have it done. Right now I wear supportive garments, it's a pain in the middle of Summer in Asia with high temperatures and humidity, but it's only for a few more weeks before I return to Europe so I will manage...
    I have always felt that we are in this war together, but each battle is our own.

Congratulations on your success so far! It's really inspiring to hear/read your journey and life changes!

Here is to continued success!!!
    That is such AMAZING achievement! You should be proud. Keep up the awesome job!
    Thank you so much Linda51, yolymarie, JLPSch, Christie13, LeslieAnn, and DesertGal!!!

I really appreciate all of you and your kind words! Every day we all try to stay on track and do our best. XOXO!!! Here's to the next 49 pounds going awayyyyyyyy!
    Good job Elle! Congratulations! It is the best feeling, isn't it, when you watch your closet empty out and new smaller things take the place of your past life? And you are right: Every person who has the surgery loses at their own pace. No two people are identical in their weight loss pattern.
    WTG!! It is all about our journey! Very happy for you!
    Elle!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!! You are amazing darling!!! I am sooo very proud of you and extremely happy for you. And I agree, we each go our own journey and need to own that. Only we can walk our path and no one can judge it as it is our alone. You are rocking this and you are wonderful!! Big hugs my friend!
    Congratulations!!!!
    I am so proud of you!
    Congratulations!! Everyone's journey is different and it sounds like you are just beginning to reap the rewards of yours!
    Thank you @Linda51! It really did help with the back pain. Surgery was the next option for me. I was already getting injections into my spine for the pain. Losing all of this weight has definitely helped tremendously along with becoming active.

@Christie13, I had my surgery on Wednesday 11/2/16. It was actually my birthday. It was a gift to myself. hehehehe. I know what you mean about the weightloss. I see people losing all kinds of weight and I'm just in awe, but at the same time I'm glad it's coming off the way it is.
    I feel the same way about the saggy skin too! Slow and steady! It's coming off little by little and I'm happy about it.
    Great job Elle! Did you have your surgery on a Thursday? I'm asking because I am 15 weeks today and I had my surgery on the 3rd...which was a Thursday. LOL. I am glad you doing so well and your back pain is getting better. And I agree with you....little by little is just fine by me too. I see some people lose 20-30 lbs in a week and am in awe. I am just at the 40 lb mark since surgery and I am ok with that. My body, my journey, my sleeve....not wrong or slow, just different. I think maybe the slow and steady may help with not getting so saggy. At least that is what I like to tell myself. LOL.
    I am so glad to hear that your back pain is lessening! That is one of the main reasons that I decided to have the surgery. My Neurosurgeon has wanted to do back surgery for over 5 years and that scares me to death. The gastric sleeve surgery is a little less frightening that back surgery and it will help to solve other health issues as well.

So glad you're making good progress! Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    I was sick 3 weeks after surgery with the nasty stomach bug. Nausea vomiting and diarrhea not a good thing when u just had surgery on your stomach. I think it was worse for me because I couldnt eat or drink anything prior to getting sick so there was nothing in my stomach to vomit and nothing to make diarrhea. But it still hit me like a ton of bricks
    Oh no!! I'm still sick. I'm barely getting over the coughing stage. I hope you feel better.
    I was sick 3 weeks after surgery with the nasty stomach bug. Nausea vomiting and diarrhea not a good thing when u just had surgery on your stomach. I think it was worse for me because I couldnt eat or drink anything prior to getting sick so there was nothing in my stomach to vomit and nothing to make diarrhea. But it still hit me like a ton of bricks
    So I ended up getting super sick and my Dr put me on a Zpack yesterday. I was also taking Mucinex Children's granules. You put them on your tongue and they dissolve.(kinda nasty) I also had my albuterol inhaler too. I have zero appetite from being so sick. It's been hard to keep liquids down. I was able to get 1/2 bottle of protein in yesterday.
    I had pneumonia about a week post op. Horrible coughing, trouble breathing and extreme fatigue.
    I had a stomach flu three weeks post-op. Was nasty! I had to go back see my surgeon, it was that bad! For many years I used mainly homeopathy and only use conventional medicine when I don't have an other choice (for ex for my asthma). I had a flu almost all month of November. I took "Boiron, Chestal, Cold & Cough" it's a syrup, works pretty well for the kids and me and it's safe for the sleeve even at the beginning: no side effect.
    Since I also had a lung infection I took "NutriBiotic, Grapefruit Seed, Extract, 125 mg" (those are tablets) and oregano as usual because I usually can manage without antibiotics when I take oregano (right now taking California Natural, Wild Oregano Oil, 90 Capsules).
    The problem with essential oils is that it's really strong, especially at the beginning. I had to wait a few months to be able to take oregano because it's strong and gave me reflux, and I already had a bad reflux without organo... I tried a few times before finding the right time. Also I always take it with food, usually at the beginning of the meal.

If you have a fever you can take paracetamol/acetaminophen. It's safe for the sleeve. But don't take any ibuprofen.

If you can stand it, try to also irrigate your nose with a netty pot (I can't stand those) or just a saline spray. It does help a lot.

Drink a lot of fluids, it does help. Chicken broth is always a must

A cold need time....and post-sleeve I found out I need more time than before ......I was sick almost one month when usually it takes me two weeks to recover. Nasty bugs, but also the fact that I'm still vitamin deficient even with everything I take! So take your vitamins, it's also important!
    Take care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted_Tummy
    your body cannot absorb that much protein from one "feed" so ultimately your body is not really getting those 50 g. Best to have a total protein gram goal and spread it out over the day....or drink 1/3 of that, 3x during the day.

It's great you are so focused on protein, though!
    Believe it or not Goats Milk is DELICIOUS High in protein and half the fat of cows milk
    Quote Originally Posted by manzerick
    I love the creative approach!

I've used it in cereal and it's pretty good!
    Thank you!! I'm just trying to figure things out and find things that taste good and stick to them .
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted_Tummy
    your body cannot absorb that much protein from one "feed" so ultimately your body is not really getting those 50 g. Best to have a total protein gram goal and spread it out over the day....or drink 1/3 of that, 3x during the day.

I was having a hard time getting 10 in in the beginning. I would make this in the morning and sip on it all day. I'm way more normal now.
    I love the creative approach!

I've used it in cereal and it's pretty good!
    OH, I've also been sleeping inclined on a bunch of pillows, which helps with reflux at night. Hope you feel better soon.
    I left hospital on Prilosec but had acid issues right away...hear Prilosec is a preventative acid reducer and I took a couple of "Radatine" (generic acid reducer, Costco brand) that are designed to address immediate heartburn and that work d really well for me. I did learn that the protein waters give me heartburn, so I've been watering them down a little. I've been drinking the Isotech42 flavored protein waters from Super Supplements. 42grams per drink (huge) but they burn me a little so I water them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Rose
    Oh, I like that idea. I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for posting.

Thank ya! I really like it.
    I'm going to get the other flavors too. I'm just glad the taste agreed with me !
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbs Journey
    Great idea Thank you, you mix the slim fast powder to the ready to drink Premier shake right?
    Yes!

Its the new high protien lo carb SlimFast powder 20 protein and mix it with one already made Premier protein shake. Blend it and it tastes really good. I'm about to make one right now!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast