Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. Required Reading: "I'm not losing fast enough!" (Yes, you are!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2 View Post
    A common complaint among sleeved patients, especially early post-op, is, "I'm not losing fast enough!"

In almost all instances, the truth is that you're losing just fine. Really. I'm not kidding.

People who lose fast, like a few patients do, are usually heavyweights to begin with, men (who have more muscle tissue), and younger people (who may be more active and have a higher metabolism).

I was not a fast loser. Today is my 16-month
  2. 3-Month Sleevesary

Hola! from Santa Fe, New Mexico

We left L.A. on Saturday and are Texas bound. We decided to make a road trip out of my move, and it has been a ton of fun thus far.

As today marks my 3-months post op, I wanted just to update everyone and let you know where I am. These past few days on the road has taught me some real good lessons, one of them is that I order food with my eyes. It has been a little inside joke between my partner and me.

Eating out ...
  3. 2-Month Sleevesary and Onederland in near sight

Today marks two months post op! Other than the irregularity (constipation) since surgery, I have not had any other complaint. Every day has been a learning experience. Questions like how long are you going to eat this way? And, how long before you eat normally? don't bother as much as they irritate me because there is no going back.

I have consistently been eating between 850-900 calories a day. My protein has been between 85g and 105g with most days 90g. I am still supplementing ...
  4. 5 Days Short of 2-Month Sleeversary

Well this weekend I found out that I can pretty much do 1100 cals easily if I graze all day. Granted I went to see my kids and pretty much ate out, mostly grilled chicken and veggies, but for one I bought Odowlla protein shake which was 400 cals a 15oz bottle with 32 G protein. Then we had a movie night and I had about a cup of Pirate Booty puffs unintentionally over the two hours. Then I ate about a cup of fresh coconut meat in between those two same hours that was intentional (for good fat, fiber ...
  5. 5 Year Anniversary, Weight Loss Sparks, and Gastrointestinal Challenges.

This month marks my five year anniversary with my life partner. We both have been married and divorced and in no rush to jump into nuptials. The funny thing is that I have never felt more loved, appreciated, passion and secure than I do now.

I may have mentioned that we have lived apart this past year due to my academic commitments, now that things have settled I am moving back. During this year apart we only saw each other a handful of times, the longest time was during my winter ...
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast