Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I had trouble with taking Iron supplements too. My nutritionist said try the Flintstone children's chewable. Two a day. Only thing to remember is you can't take the iron and the calcium supplemen rd within two hours of each other. It effects the absorption rate.
    We had our surgery one day apart! Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work.
    Do you use My Fitness Pal to determine the quality of nutrients you're getting from your food? If not, I strongly recommend it.

I'm only 45 days out, and I get most of my nutrition from real food. A typical day for me is:

Breakfast - omelette of 1 jumbo egg, 2 T 4% cottage cheese, 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese, 1 piece 45-calorie toast

Lunch - 2-3 ounces canned chicken mixed with 2 Ts pickle relish, 2 Ts light Miracle Whip, served on spinach leaves

Dinner - grilled salmon, grilled zucchini

Snack - Dannos Greek Oikos vanilla yogurt

I expect to be able to eat more when I'm 6 months out. But this is about all I can manage now.
    Wow I think anybody who has had this surgery has thought about it. I have cravings for everything under the sun like cheese burgers, french fries, ice cream, cookies and the list goes on and on. However, I do fight my urges as I know in my mind that the process that I took is far more beneficial than any unhealthy carbs. Occasionally I will have some toastito scoops with spinach artichoke dip to satisfy my salty sweet cravings and I include it into my daily meals so when I look back at my protein and carbs I can plan my remaining meals around what carbs I have left. Just look at it like this : IT IS SIMPLY MIND OVER MATTER. GOOD LUCK.
    Do a 50/50 water cranberry juice mix. The sugar from cranberry juice may send you in shock like it did me. I cut everything with water the first 45 days of surgery.
    Thank you all I will x contact the Dr and try the cranberry juice as well
    If you know you're not drinking enough, dehydration can lead to kidney stones which can cause back pain as well. Try drinking a little watered down cranberry juice to flush them kidneys out too.
    I dont know if you have had your gallbladder checked yet or not but when its inflamed it can cause that type of pain so may be something you would want to address to your Dr.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    I've had back pain since surgery as well. I am 7 weeks out and it is slowly getting better. I went to the chiropractor at 2 weeks which didn't seem to help and had a massage at 4 weeks. In the few days after the massage my back hurt even worse but then began getting slightly better as the days passed. It doesn't hurt much now.
    • If you don't like water to much try Gatorade® also regarding constipation.
    • Treatments include lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and dietary habits, including an increase in fiber and liquid to support peristalsis* (Peristalsis is an automatic and important process that moves food through the digestive system. It also moves urine from the kidneys into the bladder, and bile from the gallbladder into the duodenum.) As a rule of thumb, it is best to avoid long term use of laxatives. Laxatives add volume and water to feces, facilitating their evacuation from the intestine. Sufficiently high doses of laxatives will cause diarrhea, in addition to stripping the body of essentials substances such as amino acids and minerals.
    • It is BEST to get a massage for your back pain.
    • SEARCH FOR ME ON YOU TUBE AT: LORETTA LAWSTUDENT
    • OR LORETTA\S GASTRIC SLEEVE.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbJL...99RuqRo8RmqP6w
    I used Ducolax. It worked quickly for me (within 3 hours).
    Benefiber works for me as well. I take it every three days or so.
    I've been having the same issues! I tried Milk of Magnesia and it definitely helped. Also, citrate magnesium if your desperate (let the carbonation go out).
    I add 2tsp of Benefiber to my protein shake every morning; that seems to keep things moving regularly for me
    Milk of Magnesia in the cherry flavor. Keep it in fridge it tastes like a cherry smoothy.

My sis had same problem, used everything until I broke out the Milk of Magnesia.. Boom.. 4 hours later.. Cleaned the pipes.. Not explosive either. MOM, works easier on you.

Be well, be happy, be positive.

Ciao, Tonio
    Apple with the skin
    You are probably on solids right about now, right? Maybe substitute your meat protein for a protein shake and add more veggies to your diet. I think your body is just trying to get all the nutrients out of the food you are eating and until it is done, you won't release. Also, water, water, water.
    My doc recommended Miralax and colace (which softens the stool). I don't like to take meds generally, so I declined the Miralax and instead eat 4-5 prunes a day, which definitely helps. I also eat fiber gummies that have vitamin D in them (bonus!) daily, and the colace really really helps. If you are still having problems, tell your doctor. If you are on iron supplements, but your levels are high enough, you might be able to stop taking the iron. Iron can really cause some pretty significant constipation. My doc said I could stop taking the iron after blood tests and it's been much better since then.
    Milk of magnesia is what my doc and nut recommend
    Smooth move tea
    Your body has gone through a radical change. If you average it out, you have lost 1.5 lbs per day for 2 weeks. It needs to rest. Search "3 week stall" on here and you will see hundreds of posts from people like yourself who have hit a stall at some point around 3 weeks. If you read their later posts you will see they always come out of the stalls. You will too. Stick to the plan and don't worry about the number on the scale. After all it's just a number. Look at how you feel and how things fit. Those are the real measurement of your success. I would say good luck but you don't need luck. Determination and a great attitude will get you much further than luck!
    First you need to understand that stalls are part of the process, they WILL happen. I would suggest that you start tracking everything. Remember your ABC's (All Bites Count). As long as you are within the guidelines of your surgical team you will do fine. Also instead of weighing in daily start doing it once a week. IF you havent done it yet, take your measurements NOW and then once a week on your weighin day. Many times when the scales stop moving you will see drastic changes in your measurements. Your body has to adjust to the drop in calories and also to the procedure you just endured. Godspeed on your journey.
    I understand who you feel. I am 17 days out and was not seeing any change on the scale in a few days it is scary!I did what was recommended on here by someone else, i am focusing in my fluids and protein and hoping that helps. I do not eat much not because I am not hungry I just dont really know what foods I should eat i get a little worried to try new foods. You should be proud 20 pounds is great!!you are on your way.hang in there.
    I still drink two protein shakes a day and eat 2-3 small meals. I track calories how many calories are you eating? How much can you eat in one sitting? I can only eat 1/4 - 1/2 cup. I only get 600-650 calories. lentil soup may have lots of sodium. Did the Dr. send you home with a meal plan or anything?
    Don't get down. Just focus on getting your protein and eating slow. 20 in 2 weeks is good!
    Stalls suck and they happen to everyone. Make sure you are keeping track of what you eat, drink and protein intake. Try to stay off the scale and just weigh once a week, otherwise you will make yourself crazy. They are just a way for your body to cope with rapid weight loss. The scale will move again when your body is ready. Read through the forums on stalls to see what others suggest:-)
    As you have already heard, weighing in daily will set you up for disappointments. IF you havent already done so now is a good time to get measurements of yourself. Many times you will notice that when the scale stops moving the measurements drop. Your body has to adjust to the drastic changes you just put it through and it will try to hold on to fat stores because of the drop in calories (starvation mode). It is a normal process. Once your body gets accustomed to the new food intake the weight will start to drop again. Keep the faith and stick to the plan and you will do fine. Godspeed on your journey.
    Weighing daily will make you crazy. Try once a week...it will save your sanity. You could be heading into a stall which is common right about this time after surgery. Relax a bit and let your sleeve do what it needs to do:-)
    I hate to say it, but I've heard from many youtubers out there, don't become a slave to the scale. Your weight changes at different times of the day, depending on your diet (hydration, sodium intake, etc), your cycle and then there are moments of stagnation after which your body surprises you with a bigger loss than you anticipated. As long as you're doing the right stuff, I wouldn't go crazy. My surgeon recommended weekly weigh ins on the anniversary of my surgery.
    Not sure if this is your 'time' of the month or close to it but I go up 3 to 4 lbs in water weight because of it then go back down again.
    This is totally normal. You are 12 days post op and have lost a lot of weight. Be happy
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast