Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ScouterJim

1. It's been a long road but today I had the best NSV yet

It's amazing what changes life with the sleeve can bring. Almost 3 years ago I was laid off when the company I was with pulled their sales office out of my city. When that happened I made the decision to retire at 44 years old due to my health. I was a sales rep who could not walk more than 150 feet. I couldn't get through a door to go see customers. I had no choice but to try to focus on my health.

I was very good at what I did and I had seen a lot of success in sales so I was able ...
  2. A confession and a huge NSV

It's been a while since I have posted anything. I figured it was time to update. I'm going to admit that I have been struggling a bit lately. Outing myself will hopefully help me be more accountable for my bad decisions. I am finding myself slipping back into some of my old unhealthy habits. I have been eating more junk food. Potato chips are a slider for me and I have found myself reaching for them more and more in the evening. I also find that my portions seem to be getting bigger and bigger as ...
  3. I did it - Reaching more impossible goals

I love the new active lifestyle that my sleeve is allowing me to enjoy. I have always loved being in the outdoors. I live in a part of the world that people from all over the world flock to just to enjoy our natural settings. This week I managed to reach to more of my impossible goals. For the first time in years I climbed into a canoe and spent an evening canoeing with the Scouts. They were quite surprised that I could get that little thing moving pretty quickly. I was surprised that I didn't sink ...
  4. Time to get out on the water

A couple of months ago I bought my 14 year old son a new kayak. He had one but had significantly outgrown it and by the end of the season last year it looked more like a submarine than a kayak. After getting him a new kayak he suggested that it would be way more fun if we could both get out there together. So I found a kayak that was rated for 325 lbs but it was going to be another submarine because I was still 350lbs. This morning I weighed in at 326 lbs (which is 126 lbs lost). This means I finally ...
  5. Sometimes a bad picture can be a great NSV

As you might suspect by my name, I am a Scout Leader. It's one of my true passions. I love being able to help the youth of our city enjoy exciting activities that they may not otherwise have had the opportunity to try. One of the events that I am very active in helping to run is a Soapbox Derby for 8-10 year old kids. I am one of the main organizers of the largest Derby in the country and have now been asked to help with actually running a smaller one which took place yesterday. Today a picture ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast