Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I was having the same issue and someone suggested increasing my protien to 80 grams a day by adding in a protein shake. I did that and I am losing 0.5-1 # a day. I am 3 months post of and lost 59 pounds, 14 more pounds will be in onederland
    I was on a very long stall, or losing weight so slow it was nearly a total stall. Then all of a sudden it picked up, to where I was lost 2 or 3 pounds a week for a couple weeks. I still have quite a bit of fat on my torso, so I may need to adjust my goal weight downwards. I am 7 pounds from goal weight but likely have a good 10 pounds of fat on my torso - at least.
    The more you have to lose, the quicker it goes in general.
    I will say that even though my weight stalled for a long time, I lost another 5 inches from my waist during that time. So even though it seems like no scale progress, things may still be progressing.
    I'm in the same boat.....can't seem to lose past 40 pounds......going to try some jogging instead of waking and going lower calorie for protein....I think I can handle the lite and fit Greek yogurt now. I was afraid of milk products for a while!
    Hi, I find myself feeling the exact same way. I was losing weight and losing weight and now I have been in a stall for 3 weeks its really getting to me. I am also thinking of going back to the pre-op diet to see if this will help. I am in need of help dealing with this also. I don't know what to do.
    What you are experiencing is normal. As you read posts on this site, you will find many different patterns of weight loss. The one thing everyone has in common are stalls. These are periods when our bodies decide not to let pounds go. We may need the calories to survive because we are exercising more. Could be getting dehydrated because aren't getting enough water. Or our body is just adjusting. You may lose inches during these periods but the scale doesn't move. Remember that we didn't steadily gain a pound or two every day (thank goodness) and we won't steadily lose that much each day.

Stick with your eating plan putting protein first. Drink lots of water. Watch for hidden sugars and stay away from starchy foods most of the time. Exercise and ask so robe to hide the scale. You are not defined by your weight so don't weigh every day.

Good luck - Bonnie