Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brightnessofhope

1. Cue the "Rocky" theme song! 100 lbs!

Quote Originally Posted by brightnessofhope View Post
    Today I reached a goal I've been working towards for quite awhile. 100 lbs down and wonderland on the same day. It's taken me almost 16 months. It took longer and was harder than I imagined it would be. I still have a way to go, but I am really proud of myself for my efforts and my journey. I just wanted to share my joy today. I CAN DO HARD THINGS! YAY!
  2. Now we're sleevers together ;)

I'm sitting in the hospital right now waiting for my husband to get out of recovery. Nine months ago I had my VSG, and today my husband had his. All went well and I am grateful for that and so happy for him! Now to deal with the other emotions I have tried to keep at bay. I have lost 80 lbs so far, 70 since surgery. I'm overall happy with my results, although I wish I were further along. I'm just over half way to my goal. My losses have never come steadily... but in spurts. Even the spurts have ...
  3. The Hare Passes Mile Marker 30

I just had to toot my horn today! I finally made it to 30 lbs. post-op! Actually, 32 lbs, in just shy of 12 weeks. I fought hard for each and every pound lost during the last 11 weeks, so yeah, I'm tooting! Toot-toot-toot!
    I know this is the amount many of my comrades lost the first month post op, but I'm trying to change my thinking and be happy for my success as I always am for others'.
  4. This stall has broken this camel's back

I've waited, like you all said. I tried upping my protein, upping my water. My weight has stuck for three weeks. I guess it moved a little last week, because I did finally take off the 4 lbs (because I was sick and couldn't eat for two days) I gained during week 2. I lost 13 lbs. the first 8 days and nothing since. I really thought this surgery would work. I've been doing everything I was told to do. But just nothing. I'm eating somewhere between 600-800 calories (of lean protein, small
  5. 8 days post op. Pinch me!

I've lost 13 lbs! Was 287 when I was weighed just before surgery. Today, day 8, I'm 276. I can't believe it. I feel great! I'm eating chicken and cooked veggies and protein shakes and I'm so happy. So I'm doing a little happy dance!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast