Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Readytobethin@51

1. Two Days till surgery! WOW!

It's almost here! I was quite worried about my compliance with pre-op diet, but knowing risks has really helped me stay focused & compliant! I am starting to have a weird taste in mouth, bleekkk! Glad I'm allowed to chew sugar free gum, have also purchased the Listerine strips That NUT recommended. I'm assuming this is something that could last as long as I'm on the liquid side of life.

As of today, I am down 10 lbs since pre-op appt. Tuesday. : )
  2. Day 4 - Pre-Op Liquids

Today was much easier, we even had a b day celebration for one of my co-workers with food & dessert! I drank my protein shake while they ate, then had a sugar free jello while they ate cake! Yeah me!

Tonight I'm taking my son to a Micheal Buble` concert, so we can celebrate his birthday which happens to be on my surgery day. Hopefully the junky food there won't be a problem for me either.

Oh, I also decided to weigh myself this morning and I've dropped 7 ...
  3. Day Two of Pre-Op liquids

I can't say the shakes are bad, because they're not, but my tummy is definitely noticing a difference! However, I am determined that I am going to adhere to this 100% for the entire week! My darling hubby is behind me all the way and has paid for surgery so that I did not have to wait 6 months in order for insurance to cover it, so I figure the least I can do is make every effort to follow all the guidelines my surgeon has given me! I think I also need to prove to myself that I have the self ...
  4. Pre-Op liquids start tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Readytobethin@51 View Post
    Tonight at midnight starts my new way of life! I've pretty much eaten whatever I wanted for the past 3 weeks, guess you could call it a mourning/grieving phase and now I'm ready to move on! In fact, I can hardly wait! I am so thankful that I found this forum and all of you wonderful post & pre sleeves to share my journey with and have as a support base to help me through. Thanks for all the post, you never know how what you post may help someone else! Blessings to all!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123