Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

i have a loooong list but in short i don't like to feel older than my age. i like to FEEL like an athlete- and feel strong and flexible--so i keep exercising and keep eating the way im supposed to and remember that pretty soon my body is going to match my brain and my personality!! and when i have setbacks in those endeavors, i just remember the feeling of being 304lbs and feeling hopeless about my body and i get right back on the wagon and do the things i know to do.
    Seeing the scale move is a big motivator. I hate how it gets dark early now but I've been taking walks during my lunch break. I use an app to track time and distance (RunKeeper or MapMyWalk). It's kind of fun to keep track. I found a regular group exercise class that I love (Les Mills RPM) and have become a regular. If I don't show inevitably someone will ask me when I come back where I've been! Another way to stay accountable. Even with these things, I know that some days are just harder than others to get it done. I try to be kind to myself and not beat myself over it. Every day is a new day!
    Three grandbabies that I want to see grow-up, be able to play with and love keep me motivated!!! God Bless...Mem
    I haven't been sleeved yet but I decided abt a yr ago 2 really look into having surgery. My mom was morbidly obese for a long time and she fell out on her porch and couldn't get up. I started pouring rain and she was stuck in the rain until we found her-abt 3 hrs-later. She couldn't get up because she fractured her shoulder and had pins in her hips from past fallings and fractures. We had 2 call the FD 2 get her up and 2 the hosp. One thing led 2 another and she ended up with c-diff and dying from it this past april. That is what is motivating me.

Sry 2 have rambled on, on ur post
    The only reason I'm not worried is because I struggle so much eating anything more than soup, haha. That will keep me grounded. I do find myself wanting sweet things, but I know what my ultimate goal is and that's to have a baby. I don't want to have one at this awful weight, so I use that as my motivation to stay strong....baby fever and a biological clock, lol! =)
    I love that idea greenmomma! For me, I look at where I was last year. I find pictures and try to enjoy this amazing change and that is motivation enough. Keeping up with exercise is so important no matter the weather for me, that's my goal!
    When I was weighing the pros and cons of getting sleeved, I made a list of all the pros. When I'm having a "moment", I pull out the list and remind myself why I did this.
    You are doing marvelous! Keep up the awesome work girl.
    Great job! I know we all want to lose it overnight, but we couldn't get that lucky. Probably wouldn't be safe either. Keep up the hard work! It's paying off and you're doing wonderful!
    Way 2 go, great job
    I'm so proud of you and excited for you! You are doing perfectly!!! =)
    So glad things are going well for you! You're dong great!!
    You are doing so great! I never started measuring, wish I would have. Glad you are rocking it girl!
    That is great congrats!! Keep up the good work wow 7.5 inches is nothing to sneeze at lol
    nice! your new picture is great too! keep going, girl!
    Great job!! Rock that sleeve!!
    That's great, keep up the good work!
    Thanks for sharing. The change is awesome and I am so proud of you
    Thank you all so much ...
    Congrats and great job!!!
    Congrats!
    That is amazing progress and super great mentality!! I am proud of you and your hard work. Keep plugging away and the numbers will go down for you!! God Bless.
    Good job! You're really working hard!
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story!
    That's wonderful! You were just getting ready for your surgery when I joined so I've been following your story. Check that happy smile out! Good job!
    me next- me next.