Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Grace

1. Well that explains a lot....

I spent the last two days having testing done for gallbladder/ulcer issues.
    Gallbladder is coming out sometime hopefully soon after I meet with the surgeon next Thursday. It's loaded with sludge and stones, and my inflammation level is through the roof. So, finally that will be done with and I have meds to help with the pain til then. The hidascan showed all that on Wed.
    Thursday I had an upper GI to check for an ulcer because I'm having symptoms that are out of sync with GB and I've ...
  2. as posted on Dee's menu thread but saving here

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Hi folks -
    Sorry about being so grumpy lately. Pain is very tiring but that's no excuse.
    Been following gastro's plan, noting symptoms, to see if this is ulcer/gallbladder or both and it's looking like both so my aspirin is off the table for a while and I worked all day yesterday with an excel sheet planning what I can and can't eat with gallbladder (which will hopefully be gone soon), ulcer (meds? see soon) and my hypo. Found info that essentially says to treat eating with hypo like
  3. nearly 550 days out...and gallbladder fun

Awake for hours already because my gallbladder is annoying me again.
    I see gastro on Thursday to see what she thinks we can do other than take it out because I am trying to avoid it.

I know it's a small surgery compared to many of the others I've had in my life, from a bowel resection/appendectomy at age 8 to a partial hysterectomy and my sleeve surgery but you know what? I am just barely starting to get my hair back and I really don't want to lose it again!

4. stomach size, hypoglycemia, tired of thinking about it all

Originally posted to Dee's menu thread but wanted to blog to find it easier later as well.

I have a surgeon follow up in early March and I'm concerned my stomach is either too big or (more likely) empties too fast even though I don't drink with meals. just tried the "rice cream test" which is totally going to mess with my cal/carbs but don't care, I had to know. I mixed cooked white rice with fresh whipped cream and choked it down them measured to see how much I hold. So ...
  5. GTT test results - post bariatric hypoglycemia

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Glucose Tolerance Testing is back -
    Ok, so as suspected I do have this...grr.
    Sugar was fasting at 90, up to 180 at 30 min check, down to 60 at 2 hrs. Insulin was up, high end of normal is 21 mine was 30. So that means my pancreas is pumping out too much insulin but because my sugar never got horribly high I am not pre-diabetic, it's truly post bariatric hypo. There have been cases of this seen more commonly with RNY patients but nutrition was able to find a few on her own boards
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast