Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Grace

1. The warrior witch arises....

I don't know what happens in my brain every June 1st but it seems to be my transitional time of the year.
    It felt good to finally get my thoughts out on not using this surgery for a few vanity pounds because I'd been avoiding this helpful place due to being upset so often by folks thinking this would be a cakewalk. Well I said my piece and now I'm done being a victim of chronic pain.
    I'm still in daily pain and will be for life I'm told but I'm also done letting it define me because ...
  2. Why this surgery should not ever be done for vanity's sake.

Hi all,
    I've been hanging out once in a while after being a major contributor here for 18 mo and I've been really soul searching on this post because I know some of you will not agree. I feel this needs to be said, anyway. It's just my opinion with some experience thrown in and you can take it or leave it but for the newbies, especially those going to MX and having not much or any pre-surg classes or info, it's important.

Please do not get this surgery if you are doing it to ...
  3. Time to start a new chapter. The pic that started all this....

I said at one point long ago I'd post the pic that started this process for me when I was ready to start a new chapter, when my sleeve journey was winding down. That would be now. I've been here close to 2 yrs. I'm not going away totally but my focus is needed in other areas of my life now, specifically my health issues. I'll stop by here but won't be as active as I have been. I've got over 4,000 posts to my name.... if anyone needs me, send a PM and I'll try to help.
    So, here it is...the ...
  4. Intuitive eating...interesting stuff for those further out

While healing up from GB surgery I had a lot of time to read (not much for TV).
    I was looking for something to help with emotional eating as suggested by my psych and came upon this book called "Intuitive Eating"(3rd ed.). I downloaded a sample to my kindle along with about 7 others and dug in. It was the only one I decided so far to buy and read...and really see what they had to say.
    I'm reading it very slowly for me as I generally whip through a page a minute but I want ...
  5. 1 wk post gallbladder - ch-ch-ch-changes.....

Gallbladder is gone. Surgeon did a brilliant job, in and out in 40 min. Rough first 5 days, but I'm figuring it out. I had hoped I'd be one of the lucky 40% who can still eat normally afterward but my pain level if I eat fats would appear to say otherwise. So, I'm adapting. Also some changes in acid meds. PPI meds making me hurt now, the more I take the more pain...so I switched to H2 blockers (pepcid). Seems to be working well. The one thing I appear to have been spared is the typical post GB surgery ...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast