Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I so enjoyed reading your goals! You're a wonderful and sincere man. Having God as part of your life is a wonderful thing. Many ignore it.
    Great post. At church this week there was a suggestion that you make notes all throughout the year, putting them in a jar. At the end of the year you pull them out and read them. Could be a great way of recording your successes. Look forward to hearing how your year as gone... And of course keep us all posted as the year progresses.
    Wishing you and your family a very prosperous 2015.
    What an awesome post! Thank you for sharing.
    From what you wrote, 2015 will be a great year for you (and 2016, and 2017, and 2018....etc.)!
    Happy New Year Seth.
    Sounds like 2015 is going to be a good year for you!
    Beautiful, sincere post.
    Terrific news, Seth! You are inspiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by SethP
    The biggest thing you can do right now is BREATHE. I know that it seems to be overwhelming amounts of test but you take them one at a time. I was able to get around all the test by being a self pay. Being scared of the unknown is normal. IF you weren't scared to have a major surgery then I would be worried. Make a list of all the things pros, and cons for the procedure. Write down all the things you will gain from it. Things that you will be able to do again. These are the things that motivate. Do not put all your faith in the scale. Godspeed on your journey.
    Thank you for your advice. I am grateful that they are so thorough. It does give me some comfort. I will take it 1 at a time. I am grateful for all the experience on this site, and for people like you that stay on the site and provide us with your experience and insight. It is very helpful for those of us just starting our journey.

Thanks again.
    Wonderful news! Good health after WLS is at the top of the list!
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly53
    Seth,
    I am 53. I weigh 220. I have just started this journey. I have had Kaiser insurance in Ohio which is now Health Span. There are a lot of post op requirements to qualify for this surgery, although I am grateful for that. Having said that since I have started this journey, they have discovered that I have severe sleep apnea, pre-diabetic, acid reflux (i already knew that) and restless leg. I had an EKG done 2 years ago and had another done last week. My PCP after reading my results wants me to see a cardiologist. This was going to be one of the requirements anyway.

Bottom line, I'm scared. I have never had surgery. Afraid of not coming out of it. I have already been to see behavior health (another requirement) and clearly understand the changes that need to be made now, and once I have the surgery.

How does one get through this without your anxiety level going through the roof.

Any advice?

Congrats on all of your successes!!
    The biggest thing you can do right now is BREATHE. I know that it seems to be overwhelming amounts of test but you take them one at a time. I was able to get around all the test by being a self pay. Being scared of the unknown is normal. IF you weren't scared to have a major surgery then I would be worried. Make a list of all the things pros, and cons for the procedure. Write down all the things you will gain from it. Things that you will be able to do again. These are the things that motivate. Do not put all your faith in the scale. Godspeed on your journey.
    Great news
    Congratulations Seth! You continue to inspire me!
    I am so happy for you and your health. I was never diabetic so do not know from personal experience the toll it takes, but I have a new co-worker who is diabetic, not an ounce overweight and I see her struggle every day with health issues. I am so happy for you that your weight loss has led to better health and stopping the progression of your diabetes. Great job, keep up all your hard work!!
    Seth, awesome place to be, glad you're health is in a better light. Looking forward to seeing that 6.6 drop again...keep up the faith and hard work,!
    Excellent news, Seth. I'm glad life is going so well for you since surgery.
    Your lab work is wonderful!!!! I'm proud of you!! You have taken charge of your life.
    Yes we have added years to our quality of life. Way to go
    Right on!
    Excellent result. Thanks for posting as it encourages us yet to be sleeved. Viv
    Seth,
    I am 53. I weigh 220. I have just started this journey. I have had Kaiser insurance in Ohio which is now Health Span. There are a lot of post op requirements to qualify for this surgery, although I am grateful for that. Having said that since I have started this journey, they have discovered that I have severe sleep apnea, pre-diabetic, acid reflux (i already knew that) and restless leg. I had an EKG done 2 years ago and had another done last week. My PCP after reading my results wants me to see a cardiologist. This was going to be one of the requirements anyway.

Bottom line, I'm scared. I have never had surgery. Afraid of not coming out of it. I have already been to see behavior health (another requirement) and clearly understand the changes that need to be made now, and once I have the surgery.

How does one get through this without your anxiety level going through the roof.

Any advice?

Congrats on all of your successes!!
    Wonderful blog with many insights. Letting go of the walls around and allowing people in does change how you react to people and how they react to you. God Bless... Mem
    When we play on the Internet, we find some people we enjoy playing with more than others.

Doesn't mean we have to get into pissing contests with anyone. If they don't like what we have to say (or vice versa), then move on. We are not obligated to post, "No, YOU!" That kind of back and forth is what derails threads.

(I'm waggling my finger under my own nose right now. )

Most of you have seen this cartoon, but it is SO appropriate:

Seth, In the 2 months I have been on this board, I have greatly appreciated all that you have posted. Don't let the drama get you down. Some people will always have to be right/have the last word. At least here, we can just scroll past it or click on a different thread. If only it were that easy in real life. Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say that I find your posts helpful and/or thoughtful in any situation. Thank you for adding your wise words to many a conversation.
    The ignore button is good. Seth, don't leave the board, you are truely a caring, gentle soul. I have only ignored one person whom I found to be very aggressive. It wasn't that I was angry with him, he's just a clown, but I felt so badly for the person he insulted!
    I just saw this post and can relate. After being blasted for commenting on a post I suddenly find myself staying a little more quiet. I also have found the ignore button and have chosen to shut some people out as all they did was constantly post to the extreme or lash out when someone offered an opinion different from what they wanted to hear. Thanks for being real many of us enjoy your posts and we are glad you around!
    Always love your posts. So many good points: not being harsh on overweight people, now that we aren't. I hope I have continued compassion towards those suffering. I do wonder why they don't get the surgery. Maybe afraid? I don't mention my WLS to others, either, because I don't want to become an advocate or mentor. I live in a small town and probably every single person would be afraid to go to Mexico for surgery! I also understand completely when you said it isn't just the weight loss that people see, but our new self assured self. Makes so much sense!
    Great post Seth.
    Absolutely true. Discrimination is a very human failing - and we all do it - just some more so than others.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast