Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mrslml2002

1. Meeting my surgeon today

I'm waiting in the hospital cafeteria as my surgeons office is in a nearby office building. It is the same building as my OB doctor. It brings back memories of coming here when I was pregnant with my kids. I was here a lot more with my second child as I was considered high risk.
    I am so excited that I have made it this far in my journey. I only have two more appointments left before I can schedule my surgery.
  2. Weight loss in the double digits...finally

I describe my weight loss as watching paint dry. It is a very slow process. It has taken me three months to lose 11 pounds. I know that every pound that I lose pre-op is a bonus for post-op. My blood pressure has dropped significantly. Yesterday my blood pressure was 125/78. My doctor asked if I was taking blood pressure meds. No meds here. Just shows that even a little weight loss can make changes in my health.
    I had an exercise evaluation with an exercise physicologist (not sure ...
  3. Doubt creeping in. Can I do this?

Can I really do this?
    I am still pre-op. Only three months in on my six month supervised diet. This month has not been easy. I have struggled with some bad habits. I binged on potato chips one night. I have figured out my trigger so that is a good thing. I also have been eating more fast food and eating late at night. I hate eating like this and want to change. I have not been to the gym in over a month.
    I guess I am writing this down to hold myself accountable. I need to keep trying. ...
  4. 2 of 6 visits completed

I can't believe that next month I will be halfway done with my six month supervised diet. I lost another five pounds at this month's check in. A total of eight pounds lost. Yea me!
    Had my psych visit today. It felt like a job interview. I get the results next month. I think it went well. There was an on-line questionnaire. A lot of repetitive questions like, "are you answering these questions truthfully?" And "are you being honest with all of your answers?". Amusing. ...
  5. Exercise

I walked for 50 mins today. Worked up a good sweat.
    I started a family exercise group on Lose It! It is my parents, brother and sis in law, her parents and her sis in law. We all plan on logging our exercise and supporting each other.
    I have signed up for a ten mile walk in August. Yes. I said TEN miles. I did it last year at the same weight I am now. It was really hard because it was so darn hot. Nice humid Michigan weather. I hope that it will be cooler this year and I will be ...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast