Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

while.im.still.young

1. My first few days post-op

Hey everyone! I know I've been quiet since my surgery but I'm still here!

I was sleeved at noon on Tuesday and I don't remember much until I was back in my room a few hours later. I only remember waking up to a nurse rubbing a wet cloth on my face and neck. She told me that I had blue dye all down my cheek. I'm not sure how it got there. I wonder if maybe I gagged or something when they were feeding it down my esophagus. I asked her if I was done and she said "of course ...
  2. Howdy :)

I was sleeved about 6 hours ago and I feel great! It's nothing like what I was expecting. I probably owe a big thanks to the pain meds, because I'm in no pain at all! What little gas I have had so far came and went within an hour. Sipping is a breeze for me and I just finished my 3rd lap around the halls. The only annoying part so far is that I'm super drowsy. I keep dozing off and it's interfering with my sipping. Right now, I'm watching Everybody Loves Raymond and enjoying a kiwi strawberry ...
  3. Today is the day

I'm currently sitting on my bed waiting for my hair straightener to heat up so I can tame my mane . I'm racking my brain trying to think of what I forgot to pack.. I know I forgot at least one thing, that never fails. In about 30 minutes I will be leaving my house in a body that I won't be coming home in. I feel like I'm about to go trade my car or something . Trading my soccer-mom van for a sleek Porche just needing a little restoration . I'm pretty calm right now, I'm sure that will ...
  4. One more day!

This is my final day pre-op! I'm so lucky that I did not have to do that 2 week pre-op diet that so many others have had to do. I am on liquids only today though and it hasn't been all that bad yet. Granted, it's only around 11:30 a.m. here. Lol.

On my way to work this morning, I prayed a very sincere prayer. I asked for strength to make it through today.. Food is such a big part of my everyday life right now, I'm afraid that I'm going to reach for something to eat without even ...
  5. What a busy little bee I am

I shouldn't have even taken time out of my day to type this.. but I will anyway. Lol. With only 2 days left of work until I'm off for surgery and recovery, things have been hectic in the office. I've been working desperately to get things cleared off of my desk before I go, just for the sake of my 2 co-workers that will have to be covering for me next week. I came into work this morning thinking 'it's Friday, we're going to be slow, I'll be able to get things done." FALSE. This is the ...
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast