Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Truebody

1. What a difference a day makes.

Feeling very sooky today, wobbly, left-out, isolated, old and just a little bit hysterical and a tiny bit freaked.

Why? I’ve done a silly thing and started looking at members who were sleeved the same day as me and boy – there is a HUGE difference in the weight lost. I am hanging on to my sanity by a thread and I’m doing that by looking at the ‘other’ differences, not just the pounds lost.

Being on the wrong side of 50 and dieting off and on for a solid 40 years, ...
  2. Eggs are out to get me....

Eggs are the work of the devil….! Evil little nausea bombs that look nourishing and promote themselves to Dietitians and Nutritionists and the newly sleeved as nutritious, easy to prepare and easy to digest. Nup, that’s part of their dastardly plan to lull you into eating them.

Last Sunday – Day 1 of Week 3 I get out my trusty skillet and whip up scrambled eggs a la Gordon Ramsay and set myself up for 5 hours of groaning and wishing the damned stuff would leave my system. Horrible, ...
  3. I'm Happy Dancing like Snoopy - damn it!!!

This is how I feel somedays when I think about my future thanks to the decision to have the sleeve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy Dance.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	12119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy Dance.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	12119

Joyous doesn't even come close to describing the enormity of the joy I feel.

But, and there is always a 'BUT" - the evil creeping doubt that sneaks into your thoughts when you are facing a stall is insidious. I know about stalls. I know about the 3 week thing. I know about measuring and ...
  4. My first dinner that wasn't served in a glass.

Mexican food is not as big in Australia as it is in the states - we don't have many Mexicans here obviously. We do however get the odd authentic can in the supermarket and I found Amy's Organic Re-fried Beans in the aisle that does imported products - the posh stuff.

So to celebrate my first day at work and remembering what Luke had for his first dinner, I took the can home, whipped the lid off, got myself about half a cupful, mixed it with a little medium hot salsa and nuked it ...
  5. If you'd told me, I wouldn't have believed you.

Two weeks ago I was wound tight as a drum - it was the day before surgery. Certainly calm, but understandably anxious. Fast forward 2 weeks and I feel sooooo damn good. I fell less stoppered up, less fat, less overfed, less cumbersome, less tired, less bogged down in my life and waaaay more hopeful.

My decision was never about fitting into skinny jeans - not that there is anything wrong with that - it just wasn't what I was about. I was about stopping the slow decline into decay. ...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast