Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

In 2 months wow! Congratulations!!!
    I hated that yucky drain too, and felt soooooo much better after it was removed ....
    I, too, had trouble recognizing when I was getting full. My surgeon told me shortly after surgery to eat four bites of protein on my plate and then one bite of whatever else I wanted. I still haven't been able to get to a second bite of the else ...
    Congrats! Halfway is a great feeling. Continued success
    Makes perfect sense to me. I have felt the same way. I am not sure I ever really felt full.
    Congratulations!
    Congrats and best wishes for continued success!! You got this.
    Yeah congrats!! Yes it is a lot of weight!!
    pre-puree & put in a small cooler... store in little containers and stop by a convenience store to heat it up, or if where you are, see if they have a microwave. Things like Chili w/some cheese on top, or refried beans w/salsa & cheese, meaty speghetti sauce/w parm cheese. Or chilled things, egg salad or canned salmon or tuna w/egg, that can be kept chilled.
    Prepackaged microwaveable soups, take your powder protein with you and just buy some milk at the supermarket or pharmacy or gas station, prepackaged mashed potatoes (just add water and microwave), crackers, tuna packs-prepackaged, that's about all I can come up with. Best of luck.
    why did you have to have a PICC line?
    Glad your drain is out!! I know how you feel, I had my JP drain for 9 days. I then had complications and had to have a PICC line for 3 1/2 months, so I can totally relate to how you felt getting it pulled!! It's over now and the healing has begun.
    I was just going to post asking if this is common on not in all surgeries. My husband had 2 drains, but he also had a LARGE hernia repair done at the same time on 10-19-2012. He somehow pulled 1 loose 1 day after coming home from the hospital (8 days after surgery). He still has the other one in. The doctor had said he wanted the flow to be under 30 cc's before removing and it's still over 50. He sees him on Thursday. I know it has been very worrisome for him and me, he wants it out!
    We went to my Mom's house, instead of turkey we had a roast chicken -- it made me really sad, I am so tired of eating chicken -- but she didn't really want to do a turkey. As a result tomorrow I am making a turkey roast, dressing, yams/squash, and gravy for my kids and me -- so we can have a few leftovers for school lunches. But to take my mind off the food situation for Thanksgiving, we spent much of the day cleaning gutters, de-mossing the roof, and hanging holiday lights! Must admit we also took advantage of some dry weather, too.
    This is normal the greatest food day of the year and best case you can have a bite of everything
    You experienced totally normal feelings. We all have a co-dependent relationships with food or we wouldn't be here!! I think having yourself a good cry was a good healthy thing!! This too shall pass - next Thanksgiving you can enjoy that nice juicy turkey (as that is a good source of protein) and maybe a bite or 2 of your favorites and be completely satisfied. You got this you can do it!!
    I was thinking yesterday morning, "what am I going to do about all the food that would be served" And the funny thing is,( when I was fixing my plate) this is crazy and why did I last year eat all of this stuff! I chose wisely of what I wanted. But I did have me a couple taste of dressing. And as I looked around and watch everyone eat and then when they were miserable because they had over did it on their eating, I was so thankful for my sleeve and teaching me how to eat sensible!! I made a chocolate pecan pie, and I did take a small small bite, just to taste the sweetness, and I was happy!
    I thought I would panic but I just took little of everything. BecauseI was just diagnosed with diabetes, they all watched what I can eat being diabetic and not sleeved. It was much better than I thought it would be. I got lots of eating tips and no bad feelings because of the sleeve and the attitude some have. And, best part, I weight 1 pound less this morning! Never had that happen after Thanksgiving!
    I had a couple of things for Thanksgiving dinner but it took all day to eat it. I remember at one point telling me self this is crazy.
    I can't wait to be where you are. My surgery is next Friday.
    I had the same experience yesterday. I cooked some awesomemside dishes and couldn't eat any of it. I am on my second week or pre op optifast. I had to go outside while everybody ate. It sucked, but eye on the pirze!
    I also had a pity party because I started my liquid diet so I couldn't eat on thanksgiving. I cried and cried. Then I went to work. I'm just thankful I didn't have to cook.
    Thanks for sharing... I was sleeved on 11/13/12 and yesterday was one of my worst days. I had been doing great, up to 80 oz / 75 grms protein. Then yesterday came and I was a hot mess!
    I was depressed and managed to only get 47 oz and 36 grms in me. Still doing liquids and its hard because nothing tastes good. I was depressed land just really want to eat something. I feel so weak and have no energy at all and I'm just hoping for it to all change soon... I love to cook, love to eat, and knew this would be hard, but I don't think I knew how hard :-(
    I stayed with my 87 year old Granny gave my parents a break I didnt even participate in our family gathering...I had them bring me a little plate... I was able the get down some of Thanksgiving dinner...Like a lil piece of sweet potatoe pie I took the crust off...lolllllllllll...thats so FAT....I ate some cut up turnip greens ,stuffing and turkey too...after a few spoons I was stuffed so I ate the rest later last night...It was a kids plate but I ATE IT..IT TOOK ALL DAY...LOLLLLLLLLLL...Now Im going to walk the next 3 days feeling guilty...Darn it all lol ttyl
    I understand. My family went to a large Thanksgiving Day Buffet, and I watched as they ate plate after plate of wonderful food. The first couple of things I tried (I am at 1 month today) gave me the "foamies" and I wound up spending 15 minutes in the bathroom and not being able to even try anything else.
    Still glad I had the sleeve, but have to admit to a bit of a pity party. It was pretty short lived. I will have the last laugh next year when I am thin.
    Totally normal. I cooked yesterday and couldn't eat any of it and I was so sad. Keep your head up! Missing food is so normal.
    I'm scheduled to get it out on Monday! Woo Hoo! Can't come soon enough.
    3 days for me.
    The Syntrax protein shakes are good. They are supposed to be the best tasting. That's what the dietician recommended to me.
    I was lucky and didn't have to have one. It'll be over before you know it. Hang in there. Happy Thanksgiving.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast