Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

niamh

1. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Hi from my hospital room, just seen the surgeon, anaesthetist and recovery nurses. Feeling scared but determined. My surgery won't be for a few hours yet, the surgeon has a gastric bypass to do before me, but then I'm the last surgery for the day as he has two people booked in.

The surgeon is great - he remembered loads of detail about my husband and me from the previous meeting, just trivial things about my husband's job etc, that makes me feel like he takes a real interest in ...
  2. How is anyone supposed to work under these conditions?!?!

With surgery now less than a week away, I'm finding it pretty hard to concentrate on anything else. Makes for not such an efficient use of my time at work, and I'm worried about not getting everything done before I go. I notice that I'm feeling guilty about being away at a time that I know doesn't particularly suit some people. Today I had a new member of staff start, and I feel bad about how little time she'll have to meet with me before I go away.

I obviously go on leave at other ...
    Tags: stress, work Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. You can't have your cake and eat it too...

10 days to go, and lots of contemplation...

I was speaking to a colleague who I've told about the WLS, and she is a similar weight to me, and has also constantly struggled with her weight in the time I've known her. When I told her she felt quite emotional, and asked me lots of questions about how I'd come to the decision. She also said she didn't think she could ever make the decision to have surgery.

I was saying to her that I had come to the realisation that ...
  4. Blogtastic - my first post

I posted the following on the forum today, and then felt like maybe I wanted to start blogging, so decided to repost here as my inaugural blog entry! Thanks to everyone who's made me feel welcome since joining the forum in the past week. x

Of course I am looking forward to being smaller and wearing nice clothes, but some of the main reasons I'm really looking forward to the sleeve is about being able to do things I've not been/felt able to do in the past few years ...
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314