Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

OOOWEEBABY!

1. Picture This...

Hi,

If you have not been following my posts, I recently had my head shaved because I am told that it would only be a matter of days before it started all falling out. If you'd like more background, go read my previous post: "Reflections on A Bald Head." I am a pretty good writer, and you might enjoy reading it.

Don't freak out about my long hair in the Avitar. I still have it. In the closet. It's a wig! I also have a few short ones that look nice. ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5014.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	18106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4996.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	18107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5010.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	18108  
  2. My Sleeve Has Saved My Life

If you keep up with my sporadic posts, you know that I recently had a bilateral (double) mastectomy for stage 2 cancer. I will not candy coat it. This was the most physically painful thing that I have ever experienced.

It has been a month ago, and I am still very tender, but it is diminishing. The pain also beats the alternative, dying of cancer. Pain that will go away eventually, or death. Give me pain, please!

I am very pleased to report that pathology says that ...
  3. More News From Hooterville

My MRI showed a lot more than the mammogram. I have a 6 to 7 centimeter cancerous mass in my left breast.I have Stage 2 cancer. My right breast is a circus of pre-cancer. My lymph nodes look good.

I asked my trusted surgeon what she would do if she were me. Double mastectomy ASAP. Time is of the essence, but she assured me that I will live. I am facing chemotherapy and radiation. Not fun, but thank God for these things!

I want to assure you that I am not afraid. It ...
  4. A New Bridge to Cross: Breast Cancer... and She's Got Legs!

Hello there. It has been a while since I have posted anything. My weight loss has been continuing to creep slooooowly and steadily downward. I have about thirteen pounds to go. Every pound makes a difference in how my clothes fit me and the way I look. I have gone from the person who avoided looking at her body in the mirror on the way to the shower to this happy lady who just can't wait to see her naked self in the mirror. Yeah, there is a little tiny bit of saggy skin on my tummy, but seeing that ...
  5. A New Bridge to Cross: Breast Cancer... and She's Got Legs!

Hello there. It has been a while since I have posted anything. My weight loss has been continuing to creep slooooowly and steadily downward. It have about thirteen pounds to go. Every pound makes a difference in the was my clothes fit me and the way I look. I have gone from the person who avoided looking at her body in the mirror on the way to the shower to this happy lady who just can't wait to see her naked self in the mirror. Yeah, there is a little saggy skin on my tummy, but seeing that I have ...