Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Sounds like you are doing and feeling great! Way to go!
    You are doing great!!! u sound a little like me I was sleeved Oct 1st and was wearing a size 18W or 20 and now I fit into a 16 comfortably I have lost 39 pounds and walking 2 miles in the morning and started doing zumba today . Good luck in your journey :-)
    Great job, please send some photos.
    I chose the 6 weeks, physically I feel well, emotionally I believe it will be a good thing for the extra time. One thing that was a life saver for me was SF pop sicles......you got this
    Yeah. I wasn't sure...so I took 3 weeks off and if I need more time, i will go from there! I am hoping that 3 is enough. It takes a bit for my short term disability to kick in...so it will suck to be without $$ at first
    I told HR that I needed 6 weeks off.....That's what my PCP suggested....she said wait and see how you do......She is so wise......I was planning about 2 weeks with lifting restrictions. We'll see how it goes.
    Happy Trails girlie!
    I do this with iced coffee..I've been told that if you put it in very hot liquids, it hurts the integrity of the protein.
    I have a friend who had surgery a couple years ago. She says she keeps premixed protein shakes in her car and after her workouts she stops and get a coffee, drinks a little and then adds her protein shake and sips on it. She says it gives her a little boost, especially after working out.
    i put unjury in my coffee too
    Good suggestions...Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchkin
    I like mix the starbuck VIA, one scoop of unjury chocolate or vanilla protein powder, 8oz milk and some ice. It is so good.
    Do you mix the via straight into the milk or seperately with the hot water?

I find it's a lot of liquid to do the full coffee AND milk. I do agree though, very tasty.
    Sounds yummy!!! I must try it.
    I like mix the starbuck VIA, one scoop of unjury chocolate or vanilla protein powder, 8oz milk and some ice. It is so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefloatsup
    I also know the feeling. I have very few clothes in this size. It is too depressing to shop. But after my surgery I have clothes in many smaller sizes and in all sizes with the dream of fitting in them again. My weight has been up and down for so long. I don't throw anything away. But this time as I go down I plan to give my clothes away to charity never to need them again. I am lucky that my job provides my scrubs for work so I won't have that expense.
    I am looking forward to my surgery in 2 weeks.
    I too have a closet full of clothes in a full range of sizes and as I "shrink" and an outfit no longer fits because it is too big (not too small, yea) I will give them away. My closet will shrink as my body does.
    I am scheduled on the 28th. I have clothes in many sizes. I can't wait to throw this size and move into the next box. Good luck, I have a feeling it's going to be a long month. I can barely concentrate at work. I am on this site reading constantly. Have a great day!
    I can't get dressed easily because everything is too big!! I don't want to spend much money on clothes as I have so far to go. There is not much in the thrift stores in my size that is actually very nice. I was OK for the summer, but I have NOTHING for the winter. Not that I am complaining!!!!! 39 lbs down in 3 moths!!!! Ladies, hang in there as this is a fascinating journey. Suddenly you are 2 months after surgery and eating almost everything. It's a wild ride!!
    I have vowed not to go shopping until it's for smaller clothes. My schedule keeps getting forced further away. At the rate I'm going I'll look like a Thriller zombie, shopping in my tattered clothes after I've finally managed surgery!
    I also know the feeling. I have very few clothes in this size. It is too depressing to shop. But after my surgery I have clothes in many smaller sizes and in all sizes with the dream of fitting in them again. My weight has been up and down for so long. I don't throw anything away. But this time as I go down I plan to give my clothes away to charity never to need them again. I am lucky that my job provides my scrubs for work so I won't have that expense.
    I am looking forward to my surgery in 2 weeks.
    Good luck with your surgery!
    Oh we know how you feel... have we not all been there.. I am counting down the 4 days to go before my big day, cannot wait.
    The last 2 weeks drags its feet and then it feels like it is around the corner
    Clock in to this forum daily or as often as you can and get inspiration from all around.
    Take care
    I am going to have to try that- thank you!
    There is a brown rice protein by Sun Warrior that I use. It is high in protein 2 scoops is 32 grams and I mix with almond milk. Brown rice will stay longer than whey protein. My friend who owns a gym told me about this product and I've gone to personal trainers who never heard of this and I showed them the nutritional label and they were very impressed. I use the chocholate which tastes very good with the almond milk which will also boost your protein intake. I use 1 cup of milk to 2 scoops of protein.
    Also purplelace70- I didn't know that it could count towards my water- that is great! It will make it easier to get all my water in. I am trying to get used to drinking that much in a day while sipping!
    It was an awesome feeling ladies!!

I am wondering if while I am in the states I should stop and pick up some protein down there...it seems to be a bit more pricey overall in canada!!
    Thanks for the info.
    woo hoo!! Im glad you found something that didnt make you sick
    Glad that you found it. I have been using same since day 1 and still use it daily to get 48g pro. I take it with me like water, my nutritionist said I can count it as water also. It is like drinking fruit juice, not sweet or thick. I am in my 5th mo. I buy it at Popeyes. Good luck to you. I also used Almanza and for me all went very good and I feel great.