Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

It just shows some people have not done their research. And like the others said, forget them, everyone has an opinion right? We have lived it, we know.
    I just wanted to tell you that I think you look great!!! Be proud of how far you've come!
    CONGRATS you look great. I hope to do as good as you. have fun in whatever you plan on doing.
    Kudos to you and your journey. Don't worry about the "your to thin" comments. My guess is the people telling you this don't know or appreciate how far you have come or are jealous. The fact that you are happy healtly and literally worked your ass off to get where you are is amazing. I tip my scale to you dear. Happy upcoming surgiversary!
    Super job and congratulations to you! You were the same size as me right now so I hope to have as much success. Thank you for sharing
    Awesome progress! Can you give us new sleevers some of your tips for success?
    Is it OK for a guy to say you look great without it being weird?? But just to ditto what everyone else has said above, GREAT JOB. Everyone can take some inspiration from what you have accomplished.
    You look great! You are a great inspiration to me, we look about the same age and started off about the same size prior to the sleeve! I hope to have great results like you have had!!! Keep up the good work.
    Oh my, that is just fantastic!! This gives me such hope, today I get my sleeve surgery and I'm so excited and ready for this, come what may ~ I will gladly accept any results I get. Again, you look fantastic, keep up the great work!!
    Such a beauty! You've worked hard and earned everything you've achieved so far! I think the scariest thing about what you said was going to college and back to work! LOL I've been a stay-at-home mom for almost 20 years and the idea of going back to work scares me to death!
    I really appreciate the motivation and encouragement! Thanks for sharing! And congrats! Well done!
    Great job on the sleeve! You look wonderful!
    Always lovely to hear how you're going. You still look great and you sound very sane and balanced. You're inspiring.
    Gorgeous! Congratulations!
    They might be jealous. I would go back if you have fun at the meetings, and stand your ground. You have A voice. You do look great!
    I am a type 2 diabetic and I am maxed out on all my meds...I will get the sleeve within 30 days...and because of this site, I have learned that my diabetes will be reversed my hunger cravings dimished and my sleeve tool will be in place....I am looking forward to having my life back! I will be switich my diabetes meds for vitamins ! Great trade off!
    You look AMAZING! Congrats on the great success & good luck in the gym. I'm such a water person I know nothing can keep me out of the ocean when I go to the beach, even at my size now, I don't care! lol Have fun on the well earned vaca!
    Wow, truly inspiring!
    Wow, that is incredible!! Congratulations!!
    You are a true inspiration. I am really scared about having this surgery, but even more scared about dying FAT!!!! I want to show the world that fat girls have dreams too and know how to reach high for those dreams. Someday I want to be able to look back and say "who the heck was that girl, cause it sure isn't me now"
    Quote Originally Posted by aclabombard13
    I really LOVE you people!
    You're not too bad yourself!!!
    I really LOVE you people!
    Fuck 'em
    Sounds like the people in that group need to be reminded what they are gathered for. It's a "support" group! They are doing exactly the opposite. All you can do is provide the facts, truths, and experiences you have had, and keep living a healthy lifestyle. Clearly, as many have expressed, we are all grateful for the information you have shared with us on your experience, and most of us here are here to look for and provide support for those who are in our circumstances.
    Man, there are some dumb folk out there. The idea that you can only reduce/eliminate diabetes with a bypass is straight out loony! It's by weight loss, not just gastric bypass. So, for peace of mind we can dismiss her as a total moron and move on to the next matter of the bloke.
    A man is not ever going to understand or be empathetic to the sensitivity women have around food - ever. I understand how you feel about the food. If I eat a hearty meal, I imagine people think I should be on a diet. I eat a salad, I think people are sniggering that I am starting another diet and have a long way to go - or why didn't a diet years ago - or that diet she is on isn't working.
    All of that is seriously nutz. It is how I used to think - but I have moved passed this point to take responsibility for my intake, good or bad, and own the emotion that goes with it.
    To be a tad more philosophical, I think you went to that meeting at just the right time. You have lost your weight, you have done your job, you have honoured your body - and now it is time to work on letting go of the impact of what others think. It is what YOU think that matters.
    Another way to deal with those two is simply this F#@* 'em.
    you just gotta ignore the stupid ppl and be happy! dont let the idiots piss you off then they win
    Time to find a new (RL) support group.
    You need to stop making other people's issues (their judging, their misinformation, their opinions, their ignorance) YOUR issues. That was for the old you!
    I went to ONE real live support group and barely made it through the entire hour. I was FORCED to listen to a few people I had no interest in listening to! Here, we can read what we want and skip what we dont want to read.
    Learn to not muddle your mind with how you think other people are vieweing you. You will be much happier!! You cannot change those other people, anyway - you can only change yourself.
    First off, you look amazing. and you look healthy. I just got my sleeve last week but it was only 3-4 years ago that I was a size ZERO, at 5'10. I know those looks you are worried about getting and how people act like you aren't eating enough. I went from one extreme to the other...and until I came to peace with what makes ME happy and learn to give the rest to God, or whatever you find comfort in....nothing is going to feel right about other people.

I have three tattoos...one on my right shoulder, a dove...to remind me of the PEACE that I need to keep in my life. (I have major medical issues derived from stress which have nearly killed me...thus the reason for my sleeve and 125 pound weight gain in 3 years). Then I have on my right wrist the words "Serenity, Courage, Wisdom" with a little cross running down beside it....because I say the serenity prayer in my head alot. (to remind me I can't control idiots like those you encountered in that meeting...I can hold my head up, educate them, and move on with my life...but i can't control them so I won't let them control me) and lastly, I have on my left wrist the words "Only God Can Judge Me!" Whenever I feel like someone is looking at me wrong, judging me, making me feel less than I am...I look down. Then I smile and I move on.

I'm not suggesting you run out and get tattooed, lol....but find something that brings you back to your happy place. Don't let others steal your joy...LOOK AT YOURSELF...OMG, you have come so far and are doing amazing. Screw 'em! There is always a know it all who knows nothing in every crowd. All you can ever do is make an attempt to educate them, then leave them to their stupidity should they choose to not listen. NEVER EVER let them steal your joy over their issues!

And for the record, we all think you look beautiful but what YOU think is ALL that matters!

Hold your head high....go back to the meetings if they provide you comfort. I'm sure you have inspired others there.

~Regina
    I think you look beautiful....you're not too skinny. Just right.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast