Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 2 week post op: Dr and Nutritionist say don't believe everything you read on the blog...

Down 13 lbs since surgery. (yay). Doc said I look great, and should start incorporating walking right away. Clarified about the vitamin intake. Said the B12 will NOT absorb in capsule form because of surgery, it has to be LIQUID B12, and wrote me a prescription for it. (why didn't he do that when I got the surgery??? Not like I can get that from Walgreen's). Said the biotin pills were ok, chewable multi, OK.

Talked to the nutritionist about next food steps and about the hair loss ...
  2. 4 weeks post op and salad HURTS

I am four weeks post op and have been craving a salad so today I tried it WOW I am not sure if fresh veggies will always be so painful? How long out before salads are ok? I have been eating a little meat and that seemed ok. So far the salad is the only thing that ever gave me trouble. I feel really blessed because I had such an easy surgery and a super easy recovery, I guess I just thought I was not going to have any problems, and really this wasn't much of a problem I just had to throw up. I was ...
  3. Fitness

Movement is a medicine for creating change
    in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states.
  4. Day 3 & I think all hell will break loose!

Ok so mum has invited my sister Belinda (the 1 who thinks WLS is something to ridicule) to the house & I'm going to tell her what I did on Friday. I will try to swear her to secrecy but who knows how long that will last? I recon as quick as she can drive home to tell , we'll anyone who will listen. I don't know if I'm ready to tell but I know I can't keep it a secret. I'm trying to think about what I will say to her. I do know that I will have to slip in the if you want to call me a loser or ...
  5. After a year.....

So I had my surgery one year and one month ago. Still not at goal. Weighed 302 at my heaviest ever (pregnant) hung around at 270 for several years, lost down to 250 for a while, then sleeved, now at 169 on a good day. But want to be at like 140? So still working it, still motivated. I feel so much better than before my surgery, no longer am diabetic, blood pressure has normalized, I am alot more active and able to do more, still......I want to be that skinny model in the magazine photo.....peace ...