Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NancyN

1. 3 months and half way there!

I'm three months post-op and down 41 lbs since surgery, 55 lbs since my first consult last June. My goal is 54 more, though anything more than another 30 will be just fine with me. I have absolutely no problem with any food, which isn't necessarily a good thing. I've not been obsessing with tracking everyday, I do check into MyFitnessPal a couple times a week, just making sure an average day is close to what things should be. Some days are better than others with the fluids, but it's because I get ...
  2. 4 weeks post-op

I'm 4 weeks out today, down 20 lbs since surgery, 34 total. NO REGRETS. Other than the first week, I've had a really easy time of this. I've been back to work for 3 weeks, (mostly desk) was cleared to advance my diet as I see fit, no problem with anything. I haven't tried beef yet, but pork, poultry, and fish are all good. Still only 1-2 oz. The only thing I wish was different is the ease that carbs go down. They have always been my downfall so I know I have to avoid them.
    I haven't been ...
  3. On the Sleeved Side!

I had my surgery Monday, with the extra bonus of a hiatal hernia I was unaware of. Feeling a little sore, not bad though. Most of the gas pressure was up in my shoulders, but it's getting better. Not too much trouble with liquids, looking forward to a protein shake for dinner though, because I am not a fan of the protein added broth. Glad to be home, gonna go take a nice long shower and a nap.
  4. Advice to my future sleeved self

I'm 13 days pre op, eagerly awaiting my surgery, not so eagerly counting down to next Monday and the start of all liquids for probably a month. I've been on this forum for over a year and have read about so many people's journeys that I just want to pass on some wisdom to my sleeved self who may not be thinking as clearly as I am now.

First, WOOHOO It finally got here! I know there were months that were just dragging, and you never thought it was actually gonna happen, but it did! ...
  5. Feeling like it's really gonna happen!

I've had my pre-ops scheduled since June, today was psych eval, nut and exercise in a couple weeks, surgeon in September. According to "The Plan", after surgeon you have to get clearance from med dr. That will be scheduled after the surgeon meeting. I got a phone call a couple weeks ago to make an appt with an internal med Dr. It was also today. I've been really worried, because it wasn't part of "The Plan". I thought something in my medical history (major abdominal surgery 2 ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast