Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. What food used to do....

I think for years, I haven't been "satisfied" with what the food gave me anymore. It's like i kept looking for the perfect bite to make me "happy" again and only got more depressed and fat.

Now...
    • I'm pretty confident I will find some perfect bites. (and I will be happy with a bite)
    • I already have found satisfaction.
    • and there is a deep down joy that comes from being rescued.

I'm so grateful!
  2. Good Grief...

Up until I joined Facebook (about 2 years ago), there were probably only about 2 photographs of me (taken in the last 20 years) in circulation in the whole world. And neither of them were full length (and one of them was my passport photo). I always avoided, quite sucessfully, and obviously, the evil camera. With the advent of social media, this is no longer possible. Why do people insist on recording every event with a photo? All chins a flappin', eyes closed, and me left wondering, "Who is ...
  3. Smile

I did that today. Today was a good day. My feet don't hurt. I'm not out of breath when I walk up the stairs. I wore leggings out in public today. I'm three pounds away from my half way mark. Four months ago, I was convinced this wouldn't work. That I would be hopeless forever. So today, I smiled. Make sure you (whoever is reading this) do too.
  4. Good News.....I guess??

Hello All!!

This is my first post. I am a little excited and somewhat discouraged at the same time! I had my first appointment with the doctor yesterday. He said that my BMI is 59 (higher than I thought). At first his assistant was recomending a DNS however; the dr. examined me and said that a sleeve would work best. I have a somewhat small waist and carry my weight in my hips and butt. He said that a sleeve would work. I have to get my pre-op testing done and go back to see him ...
  5. 6 days post op

Wow, good to be on the otherside.My surgery was a bit more complicated than most as I had previous damage from an eroded band. I spent 4 nights in the hospital and have now been home for 2 with pain meds to get me by. The next two weeks are crucial and i am tsking things very slowly. My husband and 4 kids have been fantastic. while in the hospital I had virtually nothing pass my lips for 4 days. The doctor discouraged even ice chips as the iv drip was doing the job hydrating me. Now that i am home ...