Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-16-2012 02:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default thinking of having surgery

iv just seen consultant at st thomas london about having surgery. 2 types have been mentioned. gastric banding which im familiar with as my mums ad that done last august, the other is gastric sleeve, this is the one i need info on. how long does op take/ how long is hospital stay after op/ what rate does the weight come off/ is there any problems to look out for/ has anyone ad it done and its gone wrong or wish they hadnt. is it painful after surgery. how often do you have to keep going back to see consultant after op. it would be great if anyone can give me answers to these questions or any other info they think i might need to know. thanks danny.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Last Activity
    04-10-2012 08:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts

Those are all really good questions!

The answers really very by Dr. I can tell you for me the surgery wasn't painful more soreness than pain as it is done laparoscopic and not with a large surgical incision. The actual surgery is only about 45 minutes long. I have to go back 2 times at 2 week intervals and then every month for 2 months and then every 6 months. Hospital stay is usually 2 days but can vary. I'm only 2 weeks out but went back to work after one week.

5. Said thanks:

Last Activity
    03-29-2024 03:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2,088 Times
    Was Thanked 1,538 Times in 442 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16,633 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Danny, I have not had the gastric sleeve surgery so I cannot give a testimonial. I only know what I've read that others who have had the surgery have shared.
    But just as Minches gracefully has chimed in, the other members here will surely give you advice and help with your questions about getting sleeved, so you can see if the surgery is right for you. That is what our community is about and everyone is friendly and willing to share and give support. Best wishes with your decision and welcome to the site.

Last Activity
    03-29-2024 03:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2,088 Times
    Was Thanked 1,538 Times in 442 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16,633 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Danny, have you given it some more thought?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-14-2014 01:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Thumbs up gastric sleeve forum

that is where I found all my info several of my friends have had banding and it did not work out for them they are now on the list to be sleeved I was in hospital for 3 days and the first 10-12 weeks were the most uncomfortable but now everything is settling down and I would do it again in a heartbeat the op took a couple of hours and I had heartburn for weeks after everything I ate was hard to digest shoulder tip pain get a heat bag for but the weight came off about 2 kilos a week and now 5months after surgery I feel great but get on to the gastric sleeveform web site there are many people there who have posted you will get a lot of info

9. Said thanks:

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents