Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 1 LB of Lean Ground Beef Goes a Long Way!

I found a "slider" maker at Walmart. Its a neat litle gadget. It makes two burgers at a time. I made six sliders out of half the pound of ground beef which was mixed with onions, garlic, salt and pepper. With the left over ground beef with those same ingredients, I added an egg, about 1/8 c of bread crumbs, ketchup and some Mozzarella cheese and baked it as a small meatloaf which I estimate will last me for about 5 meals. This is SO cool. I'm getting new ideas for small meals everyday!! And the $$ saved is amazing!
    I cooked one of the sliders with a half piece of swiss cheese and made about 7 sweet potatoe fries (baked). It was the perfect amount. I "wanted" more but most likely would have gotten sick feeling if I ate more.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member britiajon's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-22-2015 11:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 84 Times in 66 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times

Default Re: 1 LB of Lean Ground Beef Goes a Long Way!

Sounds good. I really miss having more then 1 thing in a meal. Sweet potato fries sound sublime. But I still can't get more then a oz of any meat down and then can't eat for hours after. I hope I'm able to start discovering different recipes and tastes again soon.
    Hit first goal of 155 at 9.5 months. Setting new goal of 145 which is less then I've ever weighed in my adult life. Woo hoo!
    Hit 2nd goal of 145 at 12 months. Room for 1 more goal, I want to be less then half the person I used to be which means 139

Name
    Charles
    Surgery date
    10/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Tanaka
    Last Activity
    01-08-2013 12:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

I want to try that. That sounds good. I can probably start in another stuff. I am just 2 weeks post op.

Gastric Sleeve Member Scared_Skinny's Avatar
    Surgery date
    11/04/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-10-2014 02:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Reading your post was encouraging! What's funny is last year at the company Christmas party I got one of those slider makers and have never used it...now I can't wait!!! My surgery is this Friday, Nov. 4th!!!! I've been on the liquid diet so long that I seriously can't wait to have some real food! My doctor is Dr. Mario Almanza. If you don't mind I have some questions. How bad was the pain after the surgery? That is what is scaring me the most. I'm hoping everything goes great but I'm just a chicken when it comes to pain!!! How was the hospital? My family is still nervous about the fact that it's in Mexcio and so far away from home. Thanks for posting your recipe and I look forward to hearing from you.

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

I had no pain after surgery but everyone is different. I had no nausea or gas, either. I don't know why! I had to look at my stomach when I got to my room because I wasn't sure if Dr Almanza did the surgery! But, then in a few days, I did start to have incisional discomfort but nothing I couldn't deal with. The "hospital" is a clinic. Don't expect it to be like here in the states, but it accomplishes what you go there for. I went by myself and did fine. I am waaaay over here in Virginia and was worried about the plane ride home, but it was just boring. I had taken some crystal light packets with me, so I bought a bottle of water after going through the check in gate and that's what I drank on the way home. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

8. Said thanks:

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Deeringer76's Avatar
    Name
    Amy Jo
    Surgery date
    10/25/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Leggett
    Last Activity
    10-16-2012 06:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

That's awesome I am gonna check that out, I was pricing some scales this weekend cause I can't eyeball size and know thats 2 or 3 oz but the slider thing sounds cool! @ S_S. My pain level was was on a score from 1-10 10being highest it was 6 I was sore but its bearable.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/26/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanzo
    Last Activity
    09-30-2012 07:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Well my best friend and I are sitting here with our bellies exposed letting our stitches dry since having surgery Wednesday. Honestly looking at all the photos on line of the clinic and recovery house relieved my stress cause I was afraid I was gonna freak out. Yes the clinic is in a strip mall with office depot a couple of doors down but the inside is CLEAN. It's also a small clinic but everything was very professional. There was no real pain af ter surgery but the gas is something different. Just remember that no matter how u feel walk walk walk all night. The recovery house and Servo (not sure how to spell his name) was wonderful. I recommend staying there as you get all the otter pops u can handle. Each day gets easier. Good luck. Your in good hands with Dr. Almanza! :-))

12. Said thanks:

Name
    Val
    Surgery date
    01/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 556 Times
    Was Thanked 320 Times in 264 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14,570 Times
    Blog Entries

Thought about you when coming across this recipe this morning. Sweet potatoes and pumpkins are very similiar. Haven't tried these yet but will be this weekend. Instead of olive oil, I'll use some Pam olive oil spray. Will also probably omit the seasoning b/c I don't think hubby will like them as much w/it.

http://www.yellowpages.com/features/...pes/9-pumpkin/

Baked Pumpkin Fries

Non-potato French fries are a becoming more the norm than trend at many restaurants. For pumpkin fries whenever the mood strikes, DIY like author and blogger of An Escape to Food. Super simple, super scrumptious.

Ingredients

• Pumpkin (or butternut squash) sliced uniformly (the thicker you slice, the longer it takes to bake)
    • salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
    • pinch of cumin
    • pinch of fennel seeds
    • olive oil

Directions

1. Lay the sliced pumpkin on lightly buttered foil and toss evenly in salt, pepper, cumin and fennel seeds.

2. Bake 10-15 minutes in preheated oven.

14. Said thanks: