Dr. Nguyen
    Last Activity
    12-20-2011 06:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default 6 days post op and I FEEL LIKE CRAP :(

My surgery was 6 days ago.

You know how they really encourage you to drink water and stay hydrated? Well, I am having a really hard time with liquids. I feel this horrible pain like 3-4 seconds after I take the tiniest sip of water. What's weird is that I can tolerate diet snapple better than water. Is that weird or what?

So...I have difficulties with liquids, but today I was able to eat some mashed up tuna fish (like half a teaspoons worth and then I got so full lol)... I don't understand!

I hope I didn't rip any staples out... My surgeon said after he stapled me, he sewed over the staples on top of that... so like, why all this pain when I am swallowing TINY amounts? I feel PAIN for like 2 seconds in the stomach, and then this weird bubble thing goes up into the esophagus. It feels like I have to maybe burp, but nothing comes out?

Should I be worried???

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member britiajon's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-22-2015 11:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 84 Times in 66 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times

Default Re: 6 days post op and I FEEL LIKE CRAP :(

I couldn't and still can't really drink plain water. I drink diet ice tea, crystal light, etc. Seems I need that little bit of flavor to get it down.

I don't think you ripped out any staples or anything, but I think your a little early to be eating dense protein. Slow down a bit, let your tummy heal.
    Hit first goal of 155 at 9.5 months. Setting new goal of 145 which is less then I've ever weighed in my adult life. Woo hoo!
    Hit 2nd goal of 145 at 12 months. Room for 1 more goal, I want to be less then half the person I used to be which means 139

Gastric Sleeve Member janetlea1973's Avatar
    Name
    Janet
    Surgery date
    10/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Reynoso
    Last Activity
    03-12-2013 01:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 37 Times
    Blog Entries

I did that with water! I stuck with room temp water instead of cold. Cold hurt soooo bad, even cold jello hurt me! I did broth, some herbal tea. I think it's just that the surgical line is very sensitive. My surgeon acted like it was normal. In fact, today was the first day that I tried some cold cold stuff and I did good. As long as your surgeon knows and isn't concerned I wouldn't worry about it. But that's my opinion

Name
    Cheryl
    Surgery date
    04/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-14-2017 01:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 216 Times
    Was Thanked 374 Times in 244 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 291 Times

I had alot of problems with getting enough water in. I had a pain in the middle of my breastbone every time I took the tiniest little sip. It's from the swelling, it will get easier. Do not. I mean DO NOT eat dense proteins this early out unless you are wanting to be in the hospital with a leak. It's up to you.Follow your surgeons diet... as I mentioned in the other thread. You either want this or you don't. That's really all it comes down to.
    Straight forward. Straight facts. Whether you like the truth or not... I'm not made of sugar coating

Check out my blog at Chronicles of a Lifetime Dieter

GOAL REACHED!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods