Dr. Nguyen
    Last Activity
    12-20-2011 06:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default 6 Days post op and I feel like CRAP

My surgery was 6 days ago.

You know how they really encourage you to drink water and stay hydrated? Well, I am having a really hard time with liquids. I feel this horrible pain like 3-4 seconds after I take the tiniest sip of water. What's weird is that I can tolerate diet snapple better than water. Is that weird or what?

So...I have difficulties with liquids, but today I was able to eat some mashed up tuna fish (like half a teaspoons worth and then I got so full lol)... I don't understand!

I hope I didn't rip any staples out... My surgeon said after he stapled me, he sewed over the staples on top of that... so like, why all this pain when I am swallowing TINY amounts? I feel PAIN for like 2 seconds in the stomach, and then this weird bubble thing goes up into the esophagus. It feels like I have to maybe burp, but nothing comes out?

Should I be worried???

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kim
    Surgery date
    11/09/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brian Gluck
    Last Activity
    07-30-2012 07:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Re: 6 Days post op and I feel like CRAP

I haven't had my surgery yet but from a nurses stand point it sound pretty normal. The doc made a tiny tube of stomach, then the swelling sets in as your body says what the heck just happened. With the swelling you probably have more of a juice box straw for a stomach. I know every doc is different but many are conservative and say liquids only for three weeks while the swelling goes down. Then you can add stuff like eggs and cottage cheese etc. As far as pain with liquids maybe try sucking on ice or a popsicle!?!? Slower? Also many say that luke warm fluids hurt less than extreme temps. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon!

Kim

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kim
    Surgery date
    11/09/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brian Gluck
    Last Activity
    07-30-2012 07:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Re: 6 Days post op and I feel like CRAP

I haven't had my surgery yet but from a nurses stand point it sound pretty normal. The doc made a tiny tube of stomach, then the swelling sets in as your body says what the heck just happened. With the swelling you probably have more of a juice box straw for a stomach. I know every doc is different but many are conservative and say liquids only for three weeks while the swelling goes down. Then you can add stuff like eggs and cottage cheese etc. As far as pain with liquids maybe try sucking on ice or a popsicle!?!? Slower? Also many say that luke warm fluids hurt less than extreme temps. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon!

Kim