Surgeon
    Melissa Felinski
    Last Activity
    11-08-2022 08:42 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Not Yet Had Surgery n Already Nervous

I will have EGB in couple weeks, but probably won't have surgery until Mar 2023. I'm retired and eat probably one meal a day and like drink or two 4-5 days a week. I'm scared I won't have the discipline to stay the course, can anyone share how you dealt with your new surgery first few months?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Not Yet Had Surgery n Already Nervous

If you feel that you don't have the discipline for this surgery, then maybe you need to wait. This surgery is not the miracle, it is just a tool. You still have to watch what you eat. Hopefully before your surgery you will meet with the counselor and nutrition and they will be able to give you some helpful tips. Good Luck!

Name
    Mark
    Surgery date
    09/22/2022
    Surgeon
    Dr Issac Motamarry
    Last Activity
    11-11-2022 10:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am 45 days out now. My sleeve surgery was September 22. My wife also had the sleeve done on August 26 ( both 2022 ). Discipline is important when it comes to mindfully choosing what I eat. No more soda pop, chips, sugary sweets, or eating enough for 3 people. For the most part, I physically can't eat much. I was a guy that when I ate chicken wings ( big sized too ) I would eat a minimum of 20. I ate 60 one time. I'm not proud of it, but there's no point in lying to my fellow sleeve peeps on here. I had no self control, nor any interest in self control. Now, if we bake wings, I may get 3 down and I am full. I took a bit to get used to not being able to eat like I did. I simply cannot. So that alone is a built in control. Like I said before, I have to have the self discipline to reject the sweets, junk food, and empty calories. I can't afford to eat empty calories now, and find myself craving them less and less. In my 45 days I have lost 25 lbs, and my wife has lost 24. The scale should not be you're only measure of success though, as my wife has gone from a size 20 to a size 14, and I can now 'shop' in the bins that I used to put clothes that didn't fit me anymore because I was too large. I can't say mush about alcohol, because we don't drink. What I can say about the surgery is the same many other have said. The first few days I wondered what the hell I did, then it got better. My surgery was laproscopic and I also had my gall bladder removed. It was virtually pain free, and after I left the hospital after 2 days, I took zero pain meds and they weren't needed, but they were prescribed. Now I am so glad I did it, and would do it again. I wish you luck on your journey, and please keep us posted.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member linkdigisenpai's Avatar
    Last Activity
    06-11-2023 07:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope you're doing okay now. Any update?