New member, first post. I am a 52 year old male living in south Georgia, about an hour north of Jacksonville, FL. The wife and I have gotten all of our pre-op clearances, psych appts done, and nutritionist done ( mandatory for insurance ), and one or 2 more appointments and we will both have surgery dates ! We are both nervous but excited. I have been overweight since I was 8 years old and currently I am about 6 feet tall and 400 lbs. The thing I am most nervous about is staying hydrated, and ending the love affair with food. I know nothing changes if nothing changes though. I just want so badly to not be the heaviest person in the room, feeling ashamed that I can't sit in chairs because I don't fit, avoiding air travel because of the seat sizes, not swimming, and the list goes on. I deserve a chance to finally beat this. We all do. I know I can't just sit back and let it happen though. Right now my motivation is high, but still I am a bit scared I will fail. I have my best friend to do this with, and together, I think we have a great chance of success !